Bois Decisions Demchenko For WBF International Title
Frenchman Patrick Bois is the new World Boxing Federation International Light Heavyweight Champion after winning a unanimous decision over tough Ukrainian Serhiy Demchenko Saturday night, February 23.
The pair fought on a big card promoted by Driss Khelaffi and his Khelladdi Group at the luxurious Mazagan Beach Resort in El Jadida, Morocco.
After a competitive and entertaining encounter, judges Ali Herbachi, Smail Alitouche and Nordine Famidi scored the bout 95-94, 97-94 and 99-94. Referee in charge was Christophe Hembert.
With the victory the 22-year old Bois improves his professional record to 9-1-1 (2), while Italy-based Serhiy Demchenko (33) drops to 14-5 (10).
The new champion is now obligated to face former titlist Mounir Toumi (15-11, 5 KOs) from Germany, who vacated the championship on this condition after having to pull out of fighting Bois.
This was the first time the WBF sanctioned a title fight in Morocco, but it is hoped that many more will follow in the North African country this year and in years to come.
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights