- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Boxing Returns To The Chumash Resort Casino this Friday June 14
This Friday June 14, Gary Shaw Productions is scheduled to promote another addition of the boxing series titled “Central Coast Championship Night” at the Chumash Resort Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif. In the main event, popular undefeated lightweight prospect Alejandro Luna (13-0, 9 KOs), will go up against Tijuana Mexico’s Sergio Rivera (14-11, 10 KOs). The 8-round lightweight bout will be for the “Central Coast Championship”.
“I’m excited to be fighting at the Chumash Casino again,” said Luna. “This time there will be a regional title on the line. I can’t wait to go out there and give the fans a great night of boxing. I want to thank Gary Shaw for keeping me busy and giving me an opportunity to fight for the “Central Coast Championship”.
Russian native, Rustum Nagaev (23-6-1, 13 KOs) vs. Daniel Attah (28-14-1, 11 KOs) of Nigeria will serve as the co-main event. The 8-round bout will take place in the lightweight division. Nagaev is coming of an impressive performance where he upset previously unbeaten Peruvian standout, Jonathan Maicelo (19-1, 11 KOs) by way of an eighth round knockout, a match which took place at the Chumash Casino.
“I was very pleased with my performance last time I fought at the Chumash Casino,” said Nagaev. “Gary Shaw is a man of his word and he’s brought me back so I’m very grateful to him for that. I love the fans at the Chumash and I’ll be gunning for a knockout on fight night.
Maria Suarez of Santa María, CA (4-0-1- 0 KOs) vs. Elizabeth Cervantez of Lakeside, CA (3-10-0, 1 KOs) will battle for the “Central Coast Championship”. The 6-round female attraction will be in the super-flyweight division.
Local fan favorite Francisco Santana of Santa Barbara, CA (15-3-1, 8 KOs) will battle Javier Gomez (14-11-0, 10 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico in a six round super welterweight bout.
Los Angeles natives, Arnold Barboza Jr. and Gustavo Lopez will face each other in their pro debuts.
New York’s Donte Strayhorn (1-0) will challenge Kevin Watts (Pro Debut) in a 4-round Jr. Welterweight contest.
Luis Olivares (3-0, 2 KOs) of Glendale CA and Juan Zuniga (2-8-1, 1 KO) of Los Angeles CA, will battle each other in a 4-round Jr. Welterweight bout.
Rounding out the card will be undefeated super bantamweight sensation, Roman Morales (15-0, 8 KOs) vs. an opponent TBA.
“I want to thank everyone at the Chumash Casino for their continued support in hosting great boxing events for the fans in that area,” said Gary Shaw. “This Friday will be another great show with exciting fights. Everyone attending will be happy with the fights we’ve put together.”
Tickets priced $35, $45, $55, $65, and $75 are on sale now and can be purchased at the Chumash Casino Box office or online at www.startickets.com. Doors open at 5 P.M, first fight starts at 6 P.M.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC