- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
Boxing Returns To The Chumash Resort Casino this Friday June 14
This Friday June 14, Gary Shaw Productions is scheduled to promote another addition of the boxing series titled “Central Coast Championship Night” at the Chumash Resort Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif. In the main event, popular undefeated lightweight prospect Alejandro Luna (13-0, 9 KOs), will go up against Tijuana Mexico’s Sergio Rivera (14-11, 10 KOs). The 8-round lightweight bout will be for the “Central Coast Championship”.
“I’m excited to be fighting at the Chumash Casino again,” said Luna. “This time there will be a regional title on the line. I can’t wait to go out there and give the fans a great night of boxing. I want to thank Gary Shaw for keeping me busy and giving me an opportunity to fight for the “Central Coast Championship”.
Russian native, Rustum Nagaev (23-6-1, 13 KOs) vs. Daniel Attah (28-14-1, 11 KOs) of Nigeria will serve as the co-main event. The 8-round bout will take place in the lightweight division. Nagaev is coming of an impressive performance where he upset previously unbeaten Peruvian standout, Jonathan Maicelo (19-1, 11 KOs) by way of an eighth round knockout, a match which took place at the Chumash Casino.
“I was very pleased with my performance last time I fought at the Chumash Casino,” said Nagaev. “Gary Shaw is a man of his word and he’s brought me back so I’m very grateful to him for that. I love the fans at the Chumash and I’ll be gunning for a knockout on fight night.
Maria Suarez of Santa María, CA (4-0-1- 0 KOs) vs. Elizabeth Cervantez of Lakeside, CA (3-10-0, 1 KOs) will battle for the “Central Coast Championship”. The 6-round female attraction will be in the super-flyweight division.
Local fan favorite Francisco Santana of Santa Barbara, CA (15-3-1, 8 KOs) will battle Javier Gomez (14-11-0, 10 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico in a six round super welterweight bout.
Los Angeles natives, Arnold Barboza Jr. and Gustavo Lopez will face each other in their pro debuts.
New York’s Donte Strayhorn (1-0) will challenge Kevin Watts (Pro Debut) in a 4-round Jr. Welterweight contest.
Luis Olivares (3-0, 2 KOs) of Glendale CA and Juan Zuniga (2-8-1, 1 KO) of Los Angeles CA, will battle each other in a 4-round Jr. Welterweight bout.
Rounding out the card will be undefeated super bantamweight sensation, Roman Morales (15-0, 8 KOs) vs. an opponent TBA.
“I want to thank everyone at the Chumash Casino for their continued support in hosting great boxing events for the fans in that area,” said Gary Shaw. “This Friday will be another great show with exciting fights. Everyone attending will be happy with the fights we’ve put together.”
Tickets priced $35, $45, $55, $65, and $75 are on sale now and can be purchased at the Chumash Casino Box office or online at www.startickets.com. Doors open at 5 P.M, first fight starts at 6 P.M.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down