- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Boxing returns to Twin River May 17th
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (April 24th, 2013) — Fresh off a sold-out, standing-room-only crowd in March, Jimmy Burchfield’s Classic Entertainment & Sports is bringing professional boxing back to Twin River Casino Friday,
May 17th, 2013 for another dynamic event featuring the region’s most sought-after talent.
“Mr. Providence” Vladine Biosse (14-2-1, 7 KOs) and female bantamweight sensation Shelito Vincent (8-0), also of Providence, will headline “The New Era” in a rare co-main event; Biosse will face Philadelphia veteran Latif Mundy (10-5, 4 KOs) in an 8-round super middleweight bout and Vincent will fight the dangerous Christina Ruiz (6-5-2, 4 KOs) of San Antonio, Tex., in an 8-round bout for the vacant Women’s International Boxing Association (WIBA) International bantamweight title.
Tickets for “The New Era” are $41.00, $76.00, and $126.00 (VIP) and can be purchased by calling CES at 401.724.2253/2254, online at www.shop.cesboxing.com or www.twinriver.com, at the Players Club booth at Twin River, or through any TicketMaster location. Doors open 6 p.m. with the first bout scheduled for 7.
Biosse, a two-time winner on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is looking to avenge a Jan. 19 loss to Marcus Upshaw against the 5-foot-8 Mundy, who has faced tough competition in recent years against Ossie Duran, Matt Korobov and Patrick Majewski; the three have a combined record of 68-11-2 with 35 knockouts.
Ruiz, a two-time title challenger, will be Vincent’s toughest test as she fights for a title for the first time in her career. Ruiz recently lost a unanimous decision to International Female Boxing Association (IFBA) super bantamweight champion Kaliesha West in California and also challenged Alicia Ashley for the then-vacant World Boxing Council (WBC) title in July of 2011. Her last two wins (February of 2011 and April of 2010) have come by knockout. Vincent is coming off a March 1 win over Mikayla Nebel and is already 2-0 in 2013.
The undercard features the highly-anticipated rematch between Rhode Islanders Joe Gardner (11-5-1, 1 KO) of Woonsocket and Providence’s Alex Amparo (5-1, 3 KOs) in a six-round bout. Gardner handed Amparo his first career loss via unanimous decision in November and is coming off another impressive win over fellow Woonsocket native Reynaldo Rodriguez in March.
Boston’s Maceo Crowder (2-0, 1 KO), the half-brother of former U.S. Olympian and Providence native Demetrius Andrade, will return from a three-year absence to face Harwich, Mass., veteran Paul Gonsalves (4-3, 3 KOs) in a four-round super middleweight bout; and welterweight Jon Smith (1-0) of Cranston, R.I., will battle newcomer Oscar Diaz of Hartford, Conn., in a four-round bout. Willimantic, Conn., light heavyweight Kevin Cobbs (7-1, 2 KOs); female flyweight Noemi Bosques (1-0-1) of Providence; Hyannis, Mass., heavyweight Jesse Barboza (5-1-1, 3 KOs) and Pawtucket, R.I., middleweight Thomas Falowo (9-1, 7 KOs) will also be on the undercard in separate bouts. All fights and fighters are subject to change.
For more information on “The New Era” and all of CES’ upcoming shows, visit www.cesboxing.com.
(Twin River has waived its 18+ rule for “The New Era.” Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must enter through the West entrance.)
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say