- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Broner vs. Maidana, Judah vs. Malignaggi Live on BoxNation
LONDON (31 Oct) – BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546) are delighted to announce two LIVE back-to-back Golden Boy Promotions’ blockbuster events on Saturday 7th December and Saturday 14th December.
Both events will be quadruple-headers featuring six world championship fights including the most exciting and dynamic champions and challengers in the welterweight, light-middleweight and super-bantamweight divisions.
Beginning Dec. 7, the first of consecutive quadruple-headers takes place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn when former five-time, two-division World Champion Zab “Super” Judah (42-8, 29 KO’s) and former two-time, two-division World Champion Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi (32-5, 7 KO’s) clash in the main event, a 12-round showdown for Brooklyn bragging rights.
The co-feature will match IBF Welterweight World Champion Devon Alexander “The Great’’ (25-1, 14 KOs), of St. Louis, Mo., against unbeaten Shawn Porter (22-0-1, 14 KOs), of Akron, Ohio. Also on the card will be Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12 KO’s) of Houston, Texas against former world champion Austin Trout, of Las Cruces, N.M., for the vacant WBA Super Welterweight Championship. Rounding out the televised card, Sakio “The Scorpion’’ Bika (32-5-2, 21 KO’s) makes the first defense of his WBC Super Middleweight crown against unbeaten Anthony Dirrell (26-0, 22 KO’s), of Flint, Mich.
Earlier that evening BoxNation will televise live from the Liverpool Echo Arena a huge fight card featuring brothers Paul and Liam Smith defending their British titles, plus super-flyweight sensation Paul Butler and all-action lightweight Derry Mathews.
Then, on Dec. 14 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, the super-talented WBA Welterweight World Champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner (27-0, 22 KO’s), of Cincinnati, will make the first defense of his title when he meets the toughest opponent of his career, the dangerous, hard-hitting Marcos “El Chino” Maidana (34-3, 31 KO’s), of Santa Fe, Argentina in the main event.
Broner will be making his first start since capturing the 147-pound belt with a hard-fought 12-round split decision over defending champion Malignaggi. He made history when he became the fourth fighter to jump two weight classes and win a welterweight world championship, joining Hall of Famers Henry “Homicide Hank” Armstrong, Roberto “Mano de Piedra” Duran and future candidate “Sugar” Shane Mosley.
Maidana has won three fights in a row, including a smashing sixth-round technical knockout over Josesito Lopez in scintillating slugfest and Fight of the Year candidate last June 8.
In 12-rounders underneath Broner-Maidana, undefeated Keith “One Time” Thurman (21-0, 19 KO’s), of Clearwater, Fla., gets tested when he defends his WBA Interim Welterweight World title against tough-as-nails Jesus “Renuente” Soto Karass (32-12-4, 19 KO’s), of Mexico City, Mexico, who owns back-to-back impressive victories over world-ranked Selcuk Aydin and Andre Berto. And recently crowned WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Leo “Terremoto” Santa Cruz (25-0-1, 15 KO’s) of Los Angeles, Calif. will make his first defense against Cesar Seda (25-1, 17 KO’s) of San Juan, Puerto Rico. The card will also feature, in separate bouts, former WBC Welterweight Champion Victor Ortiz (29-4-2, 22 KO’s) against an opponent to be determined and Light Heavyweight Champion Beibut Shumenov (13-1, 8 KO’s) against Tamas Kovacs (23-0, 14 KO’s) of Slovakia.
Earlier that night LIVE from Germany, BoxNation will show Juergen Braehmer’s challenge for the Vacant WBA World Light-Heavyweight title against Marcus Oliveira plus an action-packed undercard.
Jim McMunn, BoxNation’s General Manager, is thrilled to add the two marquee Golden Boy Promotions events to an already packed December schedule that also features LIVE Britain’s Stuart Hall challenging for the Vacant IBF World Bantamweight title at the First Direct Arena in Leeds. He said, “BoxNation just keeps delivering the best – the best of British and the best of world boxing. The November schedule is top drawer including another sensational Copper Box Show that includes Chisora and Cleverly. Now in December we will be broadcasting the best that boxing has to offer with two unbelievable Golden Boy cards, top British boxing from Liverpool, more world title fights from Germany and Britain’s Stuart Hall fighting for the World Title in Leeds. This is an early Christmas present for our customers.”
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say