- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Floyd "Money" Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- Canelo with huge advantage over Angulo in punch stats
- Cotto vs. Martinez: Saturday, June 7 Presented Live by HBO Pay-Per-View
- Zhang Zhilei Quotables
- ZHANG ZHILEI Bio – Chinese Olympic Silver Medalist Signs with Duva’s Dynasty Boxing
- Chicago Phenoms Kenneth Sims Jr. and Eduardo Martinez Speak on Making Their Pro Debuts
- Fight Report – Martin steals the show as Turner and McIntyre Add Further Titles
- M-1 Global light heavyweight title fight Friday headlines M-1 Challenge 46
BoxNation’s incredible calendar starts off with Mikey Garcia’s world title showdown with Roman Martinez live this weekend
The world’s best boxing channel kicks-off what will be a mouth-watering next couple of months with the fight games biggest cards set to be featured live and exclusive all the way until Christmas, starting with Saturday night’s Texas showdown.
‘The Filipino Flash’ Nonito Donaire is also set to make his return on the bill against old foe Vic Darchinyan, following his defeat against Cuban kingpin Guillermo Rigondeaux last April.
The main event, though, sees Garcia, the undefeated former WBO featherweight world champion, move up to the 130 pound weight class with the aim of capturing his second title against the skilled ‘Rocky’ Martinez.
Having been stripped of his featherweight crown on the scales, after failing to make the weight against Juan Manuel Lopez in his last bout, Garcia is determined to bounce back and regain his place amongst boxing’s elite.
“I was very sad. I worked very hard to get that title – I waited over two years in line to get that title shot and to not be able to defend and to lose it on the scale – it was hard,” said Garcia.
“As we were walking down the elevator and through the hallways going to the weigh-in knowing that I was no longer champion – I just tried to move forward and do the best that I could,” he said.
The 25-year-old fighting out of Oxnard, California is well aware it’s not going to be an easy ride against Martinez, who has only lost one bout out of 30, that coming in a narrow points decision against Scotland’s Ricky Burns.
“He’s very tough, very durable,” said Garcia. “He’s one of the most resilient guys out there. He is a world champion and he’s not going to let that title slip out of his hands easily. He’s going to fight very hard to keep that title. That’s why I think it’s going to be a very good fight for me,” he added.
“I am not only moving up in weight but I am fighting a world champion in Rocky Martinez and we are doing all the things necessary to be in the best shape possible to be prepared for Rocky Martinez,” Garcia said.
Martinez goes into the bout having beaten undefeated prospect Diego Magdaleno and is confident he will similarly hand Garcia his first loss.
“I know that he is an intelligent guy, very smart and he knows how to throw his punches together and that’s why we trained so hard – to be ready for anything. I think I can take his punches. I think I have proven myself that I am able to take punches. So it is a question of just being ready and being at my best,” Martinez said.
“I should be the favourite. I am the champion and I am naturally the bigger guy. I am strong and I prepared myself well and I believe I am going to win this fight because of that,” he said.
Following BoxNation’s airing of Martinez vs. Garcia, the ‘Channel of Champions’ will be showing the following events live and exclusive: Maldonado Jr. vs. Ramos Jr – Golden Boy Live! (Nov 11), Sergey Rabchenko vs. Cedric Vitu (Nov 16), Andre Ward vs. Edwin Rodriguez (Nov 16), Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios (Nov 23), Antonio Tarver vs. Mike Sheppard (Nov 26), Copper Box Arena show featuring Dereck Chisora and Nathan Cleverly (Nov 30), Paul Smith vs. Luke Blackledge (Dec 7), Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah (Dec 7), Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Joseph Agbeko (Dec 7), Juergen Braehmer vs. Marcus Oliveira (Dec 14), Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana (Dec 14) and Stuart Hall vs. Vusi Malinga (Dec 21).
In addition to this mammoth lineup BoxNation will also be showing the award winning 24/7 series as it delves into the camps of Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios. The UK premiere of Episode 1 will be on Wednesday Nov 13th at 9pm, followed by Episode 2 on Wednesday Nov 20th at 9pm and Episode 3 on Friday 22nd Nov at 9pm.
Fight fans can get all this for just £10 a month (plus a one-off £10 registration fee). Visit www.boxnation.com to subscribe.
Martinez vs. Garcia is live from 1.30am this Sunday morning on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Visit www.boxnation.com to subscribe.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Randy Petalcorin: “I’m here to win a world title”
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch – 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera media conference call transcript
- Manny Pacquiao Arrives at LAX / USA
- “Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marcos Maidana” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”