- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Boys From The Black Country Round-Up
Jason Welborn was crowned British Masters Light Middleweight Champion on Saturday evening after an entertaining encounter with Max Maxwell.
Welborn claimed a deserved points victory following a bruising 10 round clash at Walsall Town Hall at the top of EJKO Promotions’ nine-fight bill.
The 98-94 verdict was a little wide but Welborn claimed the victory his performance more than deserved.
The Rowley Regis banger started well and claimed the opening rounds before Maxwell started to gain some momentum. Welborn stuck to his guns though and finished the stronger to claim the Masters strap.
“It was a good test and I got the win in,” Welborn told www.uko-boxing.com.
“He’s a good kid who pushed me, I knew he came to win, he wanted this fight and I knew he had trained for it.
“I tried to stick to my boxing, I gritted my teeth when he caught me and came back at him. I was picking my shots and enjoying it. I want to go on to bigger things at light middleweight now.”
Midlands Area Cruiserweight Champion, Chris Keane, cruised to a second career points victory over Lithuanian Remigijus Ziausys. The Walsall man won all four rounds as he looks to bounce back from his heavy defeat at the fists of Neil Dawson back in May.
Stoke lightweight, Kevin Hanks, defeated veteran Sid Razak and unbeaten light welterweight prospect, Luke Paddock, recorded another victory with a competent boxing display against Nuneaton scrapper, Kristian Laight.
Tipton welterweight, Anthony Tildesley, tasted victory on his professional debut as he outpointed Bheki Moyo whilst, West Bromwich welterweight, Tom Stokes, made it two wins out of two by defeating Tamworth’s Matt Seawright.
Tipton featherweight, Lee Glover, marked his ring return with a second career win over Latvian Pavels Senkovs.
Impressive Wolverhampton super-featherweight prospect, Des Bowater, comfortably defeated Jonathan Fry and Stafford welterweight, Rob Hunt, put in an excellent performance to outpoint Andrew Patterson. Hunt had Patterson down in the fifth and looked sharp on his return to action.
EJKO Promotions’ next show is this coming Saturday, 14th September at the Copthorne Hotel, Merry Hill-Dudley.
Former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven ‘Fierce’ Pearce takes on Andrew Patterson, unbeaten Dudley prospect Kyle Spencer steps in with Jay Morris, Tipton’s Lee Glover clashes with Kristian Laight and unbeaten Gornal prospect, Lance Brooks, is also in action.
Tickets are priced at £55 to include a three-course meal and VIP Ringside tables (of ten) are available at £100 per person to include a three-course meal and complimentary bottles of wine.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 07794 386 227.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things