- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
Bradley Saunders Back In Action Tonight
Top light-welterweight prospect Bradley Saunders returns to action this evening on home turf when he takes on Gyorgy Mizsei Jr over eight rounds at the Gateshead Leisure Centre.
It’s the first the time the hard-hitting Sedgefield ace has fought at home in his unbeaten seven fight pro career and he’s looking forward to putting on a special show for his fans with the promise of coming back regularly.
He’s only fought twice this year due to hand injuries, but won both fights by stoppage inside five rounds, and after seeing a hand specialist, he’s ready to end the year with another knockout performance before targeting his first title in 2014.
Hungarian Mizsei Jr has plenty of experience despite being only 20, he took on former two-time world champion Scott Harrison in only his eighth fight and extended prospect Tom Stalker the six round distance earlier this year.
Saunders, 27, said, “I’ve enjoyed traveling around the country fighting in London, Manchester and Glasgow, with my fans following me, but it’s a special moment to return to fight in front of your own fans at home for the first time. I’m excited not only for the performance I’m going to deliver, but for the future as I can see this being the start of rejuvenating big-time boxing in the North East again. First thing is first, though, I’ve got to deal with Mizsei, who isn’t a push over and will come to have a go, but I’m ready for whatever he brings to the ring.”
Also featuring on the card promoted by Steve Wraith and Francis Warren are top talents Josh Leather and Simon Valily, plus Shafiq Asif, Callum Winton, Gary Fox, Jordan King and Craig Nicholson.
BoxNation’s cameras will be at the show to cover the action with the highlights to be shown on Monday night’s Steve Bunce Boxing Hour.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity