- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Earlier Start Time Set for Mayweather vs Maidana 2
- The Mayweather-Pacquiao Business Paradox
- Roy Jones Jr. gives Las Vegas local Chuy first shot at title fight
- Maidana: I hope Mayweather will stand and fight like a man
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Braehmer counts on teamwork: My coach comes up with the game plan – I deliver inside the ring!
(Photo Credit: Christian Barz) Two stablemates will meet inside the ring when Eduard Gutknecht (24-1, 9 KOs) puts his European Light Heavyweight Championship on the line against Juergen Braehmer (38-2, 30 Kos). And the excitement about the EBU Title fight is high, as the winner will get a crack at the WBO World Champion. Juergen Braehmer took some time out of his training schedule to answer some burning questions.
Juergen Braehmer, after almost ten months you will be returning to the ring on February 2. How are you feeling?
Juergen Braehmer: I am feeling good. The training and the new surroundings are great.
How is your training camp going?
Juergen Braehmer: Really well. My coach Karsten Roewer and I have been preparing in North Germany for almost three weeks now. I almost weigh as much as I did during my super-middleweight days.
This will be your first professional fight under the guidance of Roewer. What are the differences between him and your old coach Michael Timm?
Juergen Braehmer: I know Karsten Roewer since my days as a junior. There are a few things he does differently than Timm – which is a good thing. I am always up for new and different input, that way I don’t get bored.
What are your thoughts on the fight? Any predictions?
Juergen Braehmer: I have never made any predictions and I won’t start now. I will focus on my strengths. I am ready for the challenge.
You already know Gutknecht from your days at Universum, now both of you are signed to Sauerland. Do you know each other well?
Juergen Braehmer: No, we were in different training groups.
Have you been studying any of his old fights on video?
Juergen Braehmer: I haven’t. That is part of coach Roewer´s job. He comes up with the game plan – I deliver inside the ring.
Are you looking forward to be boxing in Berlin?
Juergen Braehmer: Of course, Berlin is a great city and lots of boxing fans live here. I have some fond memories from my previous fights here. I am very excited to be fighting at the Max-Schmeling-Halle.
You will probably also be very excited about the fact, that a lot of travelling fans from your hometown Schwerin are heading for Berlin…
Juergen Braehmer: Definitely, that is great. It is amazing that so many of them will be present. Getting support from the crowd is very important to me, although I won’t be able to realize it while I am fighting as my whole focus is on the opponent.
What are you most looking forward to once the fight is over?
Juergen Braehmer: My girlfriend Tatjana and my little baby girl Jasmin. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time for them during preparation. I definitely have to make up for that afterwards.
Tickets for the big fight night at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin, Germany can be purchased at www.boxen.com and www.eventim.de.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say