- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Masternak and Skoglund win – Braekhus stops St. John
European Cruiserweight Champion Mateusz Masternak improved to 30-0 (22 KOs) with a ninth-round TKO win over Sean Corbin (15-4, 10 KOs) to add the WBC Silver International Title to his collection. Corbin was down in the eighth and the ninth.
Swedish sensation Erik Skoglund (16-0, 9 KOs) clinched the WBC Youth World & WBO Youth Intercontinental Light Heavyweight Title with a points victory over Luke Blackledge (13-1-1, 5 KOs). The two unbeaten youngsters went at it from the first bell, and after ten rounds, Skoglund was ahead 97-93, 96-94 and 96-95 on the judges´ cards.
WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (22-0, 6 KOs) continued her domination of women´s boxing on Saturday night, stopping American legend Mia St. John (47-13-2, 18 KOs) in the third round of their clash at the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn, Denmark.
Much to the delight of the many Norwegian fans in attendance, the First Lady stamped her authority on the battle early. She had St. John in trouble in the second, and when the former world champion was on the receiving end of another punishing combination, the referee waved the bout off in the third. “It was an honour to fight Mia,” Braekhus said. “She is a living legend and I am happy that I defeated her.”
Said promoter Nisse Sauerland: “Cecilia is the best female fighter in the world and she once again proved that tonight. We will try to make the Holm fight happen now, but we´re not going to wait for it forever, there are other options. Nobody can beat Cecilia, she is just too good.”
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive? Or Gennedy Gololvkin: Good boy with bad intentions
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes