- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Cecilia Braekhus to defend WBA, WBC & WBO Welterweight Titles on January 18
Photos: Wende – WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion and pound-for-pound number one Cecilia Braekhus (23-0, 7 KOs) will be back in the ring on January 18 when the Nordic Fight Night returns to Frederikshavn. At Arena Nord, the undefeated Norwegian superstar will headline an action-packed card that also features Swedish EU Light Heavyweight Champion Erik Skoglund (18-0, 9 KOs) and rising Danish Olympian Dennis Ceylan (9-0, 5 KOs). The opponents will be announced shortly. “We are thrilled to come back to Frederikshavn,” promoter Nisse Sauerland said. “Arena Nord will once again be a melting pot for Norwegian, Swedish and Danish boxing fans. Cecilia, Erik and Dennis are at different stages of their careers but their combined record of 50-0 speaks for itself. Let´s hope the 0 won´t go.”
Braekhus come off a spectacular victory over Oxandia Castillo (TKO 9), which drew record viewing figures on Viasat 4 in Norway. “2013 has been a great year for me and I hope that 2014 will be even better,” the First Lady said. “I love fighting in Frederikshavn, the atmosphere is fantastic. I am back in full training, I want to get better every day and there are still a lot of things I can learn. I am keen to defend my titles and give my fans a night to remember on January 18.”
Said promoter Nisse Sauerland: “Cecilia is the best female fighter in the world. She proved that against Castillo, an up-and-coming young champion, and she will prove it once again on January 18.”
In the Swedish main event, Erik Skoglund will make the first defence of his EU Light Heavyweight Title. Last month, he defeated veteran Lolenga Mock in a hard-fought encounter in Kolding. “It will be awesome to make my first title defence in Frederikshavn,” he said. “I have fought there three times and I have great memories. It´s not that far from Sweden either, so I hope for an amazing atmosphere. It was unbelievable in my last fight against Mock and I really needed the support from the crowd that night. I will once again be prepared for 12 rounds of tough boxing. I will be in the shape of my life.”
In the Danish main event, rising featherweight Dennis Ceylan will be looking to continue where he left it in Albertslund. Last weekend, he impressed in a points victory over tough Mexican Edgar Torres. “That was a good win and I hope to follow it up in Frederikshavn,” the 24-year-old Dane said. “It is my dream to be a champion one day and I think I am right on track. I´m ready for a big 2014!”
Per Malmberg, CEO of Arena Nord, is looking forward to a spectacular boxing event. “We are delighted to host the first Nordic Fight Night of the new year,” he said. “Arena Nord is ready for yet another great night of boxing.”
Tickets are available at www.arenanord.dk. More information about the opponents and the undercard will be announced shortly.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?