- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
Brandon Rios Media Workout Quotes
OXNARD, CALIF (October 31, 2013) — Former world champion BRANDON “Bam Bam” RIOS (31-1-1, 22 KOs), of Oxnard, Calif., and reigning Trainer of the Year ROBERT GARCIA hosted their only U.S. Media Workout today at the Robert Garcia Boxing Academy in Oxnard.
KEVIN HART, who stars as a savvy boxing promoter in the upcoming Warner Bros. Pictures movie “Grudge Match,” was also in attendance.
Rios is in deep training for his eagerly-anticipated welterweight collision with Fighter of the Decade, Congressman MANNY “Pacman” PACQUIAO (54-5-2, 38 KOs). Rios departs for Macau on November 11 to acclimate to the environment.
“I am going to China to win. I am going to wear down Pacquiao like I do all of my opponents. If I get a knockout, good. I am physically strong and I am going to take it to him.
“My team – Robert Garcia and Cameron Dunkin – believes in me. They have from the beginning. my dad, Manuel, has always believed in me and he’s going to China with me.
“Let Freddie Roach know I am a man, I come for the win, the kill. Tell Freddie that – I want him to know.
“I am in the prime of my career, not like Pacquiao
“I will be ready for Pacquiao. I have two smart men in my corner – Robert and his father.”
“We’ve been training three months and Brandon has better footwork, head movement, and hand speed.
“We are preparing to face the Manny Pacquiao who was so dominant a few years ago. We have a game plan to win this fight. Brandon is fully prepared and has the mental toughness to break down and beat Manny.”
“I plan to order the Pacquiao – Rios HBO Pay-Per-View seven times on November 23. I want to make sure I won’t miss it.”
Promoted by Top Rank® and Sands China Ltd., in association with MP Promotions and Tecate, Pacquiao vs. Rios will take place Saturday, November 23 at The Venetian® Macao’s CotaiArena™. It will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
For Pacquiao, boxing’s only eight-division world champion, this marks the pound-for-pound box office monarch’s 2013 debut as well as his first fight outside the U.S. since his 12-round super featherweight unanimous decision victory over former world champion Oscar Larios in 2006, which took place in the Philippines. Rios, one of boxing’s most exciting fighters, has only fought outside the U.S. once, in México in 2008 when he won a 10-round split decision over Ricardo Dominguez.
HBO Sports’ groundbreaking “24/7” reality franchise, which has captured 17 Sports Emmy® Awards, returns for its 18th boxing installment with 24/7 PACQUIAO/RIOS. The series debuts Saturday, Nov. 9, immediately following the Boxing After Dark tripleheader from Corpus Christi, TX. All new episodes premiere in prime time Saturday, Nov. 16 and Thursday, Nov. 21, just two days before the welterweight showdown in Macau.
For fight updates go to www.toprank.com or www.hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/trboxing, facebook.com/trboxeo or facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/trboxing, twitter.com/trboxeo, twitter.com/hboboxing and twitter.com/pacrios.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money