Breach of contract forces Mosley to withdraw from Oct. 23 bout against Anthony Mundine
LOS ANGELES (October 21) – Scheduled to face Anthony Mundine at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia on October 23, boxing superstar Sugar Shane Mosley will instead be going home after a breach of contract by the event’s co-promoter, Millennium Events, prompting his withdrawal from the fight.
“I’m very disappointed with this turn of events because I was planning on making a big statement by beating Mundine, but I was left with no choice but to withdraw,” said Shane Mosley. “The fans in Australia have welcomed me with open arms, and I hope to return to fight for them one day in better circumstances.”
“It’s unfortunate that this fight will not be taking place, and we apologize to all of Shane’s Australian fans, but there are contracts in place for a reason, and when the terms are not adhered to, we have no choice but to protect our fighter, and that’s what happened here,” said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions.
Anthony Mundine speaking just hours after Shane Mosley flew out of Australia.
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights