- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Breidis Prescott vs. Terence Crawford tomorrow night at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, in Las Vegas
Photo: Chris Farina / Top Rank — March 29, 2013 – Breidis Prescott (26-4, 20KOs) will have to wait a little longer before he receives his title shot against WBA’s “regular” junior welterweight champion Khabib Allakhverdiev. Allakhverdiev injured his elbow last week in camp and was forced to pullout of his title defense in the televised co-feature of HBO Boxing After Dark: Rios-Alvarado.
Prescott remains in the co-feature but he will now be fighting in a 10 rounder against lightweight prospect Terence Crawford (19-0, 15KOs) who will be moving up to junior welterweight for the fight. Crawford was originally supposed to compete on the un-televised portion of the card against Robert Osiobe, but he jumped at the chance to step in for the injured Allakhverdiev and now he has the opportunity to step in the ring on an HBO broadcast in his most high profiled fight to date.
It’s unfortunate for Prescott, but being on the televised portion of the card and keeping the opportunity to compete in front of a major audience is nothing to balk at, which is exactly how he sees it.
“I wish I was fighting for the belt, but I’m prepared to fight and it would’ve been much worse not competing at all. Crawford is a talented prospect, but he’s out of his division and out of his league. I’ll make the adjustments and turn in a great performance.
“Who knows, maybe if I impress on Saturday I could earn myself an even greater opportunity? My job is to fight and it doesn’t really matter who’s in front of me because I see every opponent as an obstacle standing in my way, that’s motivation enough,” Prescott said.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power