- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Video: George Groves - Christopher Rebrasse Weigh-In
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- American heavyweight sensation Jarrell Miller on MSG tonight
- Lightweight Jose Roman Training Camp Notes
- GOLOVKIN/RUBIO Standing Room Only Tickets on Sale Today at 1pm PT!!!
- Wright vs Bujaj on MSG tonight
- Kal Yafai is looking to add a second major title to his collection
- Andy Gatenby seeking sixth straight win
British Champ Hamilton Backs Marston For Victory At York Hall On 5th July
Woolwich, South London’s Marianne Marston will be back in action at York Hall this coming Friday, where she faces Karina Kopinska on the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier events, ‘Independence Day’ event.
Back in April Marianne made short work of her professional debut, by stopping Gabriella Roman in just one minute and forty seven seconds of the first round.
On the night there was a large contingent of her TRAD TKO gym mates cheering her on from ringside, including British Light Welterweight Champion Darren Hamilton and a brace of Prizefighter Champions, Cruiserweight Wadi Camacho and Light Middleweight Larry Ekundayo.
When it was announced that Marianne’s next fight will be at York Hall on Friday, 5th July, one of those aforementioned stars, Darren Hamilton, was more than a little disappointed that he couldn’t be there to support her, with good reason, as he will be just twenty four hours from a huge fight of his own, when he defends his British crown, at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, against Adil Anwar.
Marianne and Darren go back a long way, virtually from the day the ‘Golden Girl’ returned from Philadelphia in 2009. They first trained side by side at a gym near London Bridge, then later at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town.
It was following yet another full on sparring session, at Johnny Eames’ famous fight factory, that Darren spoke of Marianne’s debut fight as well as his disappointment that he would not be ringside when she fights on July 5th.
“I was there ringside when Marianne fought in April and I think it was a spectacular debut for the ‘Golden Girl’.
I have to say I wasn’t really surprised, Marianne was really ready for that fight.
She’s always in the gym and her coach Barry (Smith) pushes her as hard as any of the guys here at the TRAD TKO Gym.
Marianne may be the only girl that trains here full time, but she doesn’t get treated any differently than any of the guys, she wouldn’t have it any other way, she’s a boxer, a true warrior.
I watched Marianne sparring Angel McKenzie the week before her fight. She made sparring look easy, even against someone that is very experienced, I mean Angel’s a couple of weights heavier and has fought for World titles, I say fought but of course she is fighting for the World title on Friday.
Marianne earned her win the hard way, she trained hard, sparred hard and it showed the way she fought, I mean she stopped the other girl in the first round, which is proof in the pudding.
She’s been in the gym since the Monday after her fight, preparing for this next fight, even though she didn’t know when it would be, or even who against, so she’s going to be even more prepared for whoever she faces on the 5th July.
Unfortunately I can’t be there when she fights on the 5th July at York Hall, as I’m defending my title on the 6th in Liverpool, but I’ll be there in spirit cheering the ‘Golden Girl’ to victory once again.”
Darren Hamilton defends his British Light Welterweight crown against Adil Anwar, at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday 6th July 2013, which will be broadcast live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Channel 437 and Virgin Channel 546), Tickets, priced £35, £50, £80 and Ringside £180 are available on-line from www.frankmaloney.com
Marianne Marston versus Karina Kopinska will feature on the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event, headlined by the historic Jennifer Retzke versus Angel McKenzie GBC Light Middleweight World title clash, at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Friday, 5th July 2013
Tickets, priced £65 (Ringside), £35 (Floor) and £30 (Balcony) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com, www.acourtier.com and www.mariannemarston.com or in person at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town, London E16 4SA – www.tkoboxinggym.com – or the Ringtone Gym in Euston, London NW1 2PB – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – Tel: 07960 850645 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- Fight To Educate Boxing Results
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Video: George Groves – Christopher Rebrasse Weigh-In
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things