- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Broadway Boxing returns to BB King Blues Club in NYC on May 15
On Wednesday, May 15th, DiBella Entertainment returns to BB King Blues Club in NYC for the latest edition of its Broadway Boxing series with an exciting nine-bout card featuring a number of DBE’s top up-and-coming prospects.
Highlighting the card will be fast-rising, undefeated middleweight, Lamar Russ (12-0, 7KO’s), fellow undefeated middleweight prospect Delen Parsley (10-0, 3KO’s) and heavyweight contender Tor Hamer (19-2, 12KO’s). All three bouts are scheduled for eight rounds.
Russ joined the DBE roster late in 2012 and has yet to disappoint. He holds stoppage victories over previously undefeated prospects Jonathan Cepeda 12-0, 11KO’s (TKO-1) and Jose Alonzo 13-0, 7KO’s (TKO-4) and is coming off an eight-round unanimous decision over Jose Medina (17-12-1, 7KO’s) in his most recent outing which took place on January 23, at BB King Blues Club.
The Brooklyn-native Parsley is coming off a sensational 2nd round TKO over Tyrone Selders in his most recent outing, which like Russ also took place on January 23. Parsley dropped Selders with a picture perfect right hand right as the bell sounded to end round one. Parsley was all over Selders in the 2nd, giving him an absolute beating and causing Selders to quit on his stool. The bout on the 15th will be Parsley’s 5th appearance at BB King Blues Club since turning pro in 2009.
Looking to bounce back from his disappointing loss to undefeated heavyweight contender Vyacheslav Glazkov and regain the momentum he had from winning the Prizefighter Tournament in 2012 will be the New York City native Hamer. Hamer fought Glazkov back in December of last year in a bout that was aired live on NBC. Hamer got off to a good start in the fight, but was unable to continue after the fourth round, citing a chest and head cold that he had been battling just a week before the fight that was compromising his breathing. Hamer hopes to bounce back with an impressive victory and put himself back into contender status.
Additional bouts, including opponents for Russ, Parsley and Hamer will be announced shortly.
Tickets for the event are priced at $125, $100, $75 and $55 for general admission. Tables are also available for purchase for this event with VIP Tables going for $1000 per table (5 seats at $200 per seat), Ringside Tables for $500 a table (5 seats at $100) and $375 tables (5 seats at $75). Tickets are available for purchase by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577.
The card is promoted by DiBella Entertainment (DBE) and sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, Newlio.com, and Everlast. The event will be broadcast on SNY tape-delayed. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. ET with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say