- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
by TMZSports.com: Trash talking boxer Adrien Broner got his butt beat and his welterweight title stripped in a stunning loss to Marcos Maidana this Saturday … but TMZ Sports has learned, there’s now a full-blown investigation into allegations of cheating.
Sources close to “the Problem” tell us … the Texas Boxing Commission is now analyzing video of the fight which some say shows Maidana taking what looks like a pill during the WBA welterweight championship fight last Saturday.
The rules are so strict …even water needs to be tested prior to a fight before the boxer can consume it. Pills and any other substance for that matter are off limits.
Broner — who was previously undefeated — says the loss hasn’t shattered his ego … he’s confident the investigation will prove Maidana cheated.
We’re told the boxing commission will reveal the results of the investigation in 1-2 days.
Danny Garcia — Bring On Manny Pacquiao … I’ll Knock His Ass Out
Boxing’s light welterweight champ — says he’s ready to defend his title against any contenders … and he tells TMZ Sports, he’d easily knock Manny Pacquiao out if he got the chance.
We spoke with the undefeated champ at a charity event in Cal State Northridge … and asked him about the secrets to his success. His answer: “God blessed me with these hammers.” I.E. his fists. Pretty bad ass.
But the craziest part, Garcia says he’d gladly put his title belt on the line to knock out former champ Manny Pacquiao — presuming Pacquiao doesn’t end up challenging Floyd Mayweather Jr. first.
Check the clip … “Swift” also has some important tax advice for Manny. Sounds like fightin’ words to us
Manny Pacquiao Socked By IRS — YOU OWE US $18 MILLION!!!
Manny Pacquiao has 18 MILLION new tax problems … in addition to his $50 million tax fight in the Philippines … and this time, it’s Uncle Sam that’s trying to force Manny to pay up.
TMZ Sports has obtained official documents which show the IRS claims Manny stiffed the government out of federal income taxes from 2006 to 2010 … totaling $18,313,668.79 in debt.
Here’s the yearly breakdown:
2006 — $1,160,324.30
2007 — $2,035,992.50
2008 — $2,862,437.11
2009 — $8,022,915.87
2010 — $4,231,999.01
Interesting note — Manny had 3 big fights in 2008, including a match against Oscar De La Hoya in which MP reportedly banked $15-$30 million in guaranteed cash.
In 2009, Manny famously fought Ricky Hatton and earned a $12 million purse.
Manny’s U.S. tax problems come on the heels of a nasty tax war in his home country, The Philippines … where the govt. claims he evaded paying $50 million in taxes in 2008 and 2009 stemming from fights that took place in the United States.
Philippines officials have frozen the bank accounts Manny has in the country … and even placed a lien on one of his most expensive properties, located in Manila.
We reached out to Manny’s camp — so far no word back.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent