- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Buffer in Scotland To Announce Burns vs. Beltran
Hall of Fame ring announcer Michael Buffer will call Ricky Burns and Raymundo Beltran to the ring when the pair clash for Burns’ WBO World lightweight crown on September 7 at the SECC in Glasgow, live on Sky Sports.
The American legend will be whipping up the crowd as Burns steps into the ring in his eighth world title bout and the fourth defence of his belt, and Buffer is excited to be heading to Scotland as the Coatbridge ace tackles the Mexican.
“When Eddie Hearn reached out to me for this event, I jumped at the chance,” said Buffer. “I was originally booked in Los Angeles for JC Chavez’s fight which was cancelled and postponed. Eddie asked if I was now free to come to Glasgow for ‘Rickster’s’ title defence I couldn’t say no – Ricky has unbelievable fans!”
Buffer wanted some qualified and knowledgeable information on the challenger, ‘Sugar’ Beltran, so he called Hall of Fame matchmaker Bruce Trampler at Top Rank, Inc – and was told Glasgow can expect a great night.
“I contacted my long-time pal Bruce and he told me this guy is hungry and can crack, he is in tremendous condition and is a very dangerous opponent who gives Manny Pacquiao all he can handle in sparring sessions,” said Buffer. “I think we are in for a great fight and anyone who knows Ricky knows that’s the only way he would want it to be. He wants to fight the top guys in his division. In his last fight he was behind, knew it and reached down inside with that will power to win that all great athlete have. Ricky is something special. I’m just damn glad that I have a chance to be in Glasgow again for this one.”
Burns vs. Beltran tops a brilliant bill in Glasgow, with Olympic Gold medallist Luke Campbell MBE boxing for the second time as a pro and joined by the return of British featherweight champ Paul Appleby, Jon Slowey, Stephen Simmons, Scotty Cardle, David Brophy and Michael Roberts.
Tickets are on sale now priced £40, £60 & £100 available through www.ticketsoup.com or by calling 08443954000. VIP packages are on sale now priced £200 exclusively through Matchroom Sport on 01277 359900 and at www.matchroomboxing.com.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?