- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
Burns vs. Beltran: Fight Day Predictions
Scotland’s two-weight world champion Ricky Burns (36-2) returns to the ring tonight to face the tough Mexican native Raymundo Beltran (28-6). Coatbridge fighter Burns will be making the third defence of his WBO lightweight title in front of an army of hometown fight fans at the Scottish Exhibition Centre, Glasgow.
Ricky will be eager to put on an impressive display after admitting he was far from his usual best in his win against the awkward Jose Gonzalez last time out.
Beltran appears all business and arrived in Scotland early to acclimatise and put the final touches to his training camp. ‘Sugar’ has unsurprisingly received the backing of his former sparring partner Manny Pacquaio to upset the champion. However the 32 year old orthodox boxer has contested all 34 of his professional bouts in Mexico and the USA and will have to overcome both Ricky Burns and a raucous Scottish crowd if he is to become a world champion.
We asked boxing fans to give us their predictions as to how this highly anticipated lightweight title fight will unfold. Presented below are some of the responses we received.
It’ll be a wide UD points win for Ricky Burns”
“Burns late stoppage”
“Late stoppage (Burns). And still”
“Burns will be looking for improvement on his last showing. Burns to force stoppage in 9”
“Burns unanimous decision”
“Ricky Burns late stoppage”
“Burns by stoppage in the 7th”
“Beltran has sparred with the best out there but I see Burns dealing with him without a doubt. Late stoppage”
“Burns by UD”
“Ricky Burns to stop Beltran late on”
“Burns on points for me”
“Burns will stop him late on. Looking forward to seeing him in a super fight with Broner”
“Ricky Burns by late stoppage or UD”
“I’m going with Burns to win between rounds 5 and 8”
“Burns unanimous decision”
“I think Beltran will surprise Ricky tonight. I’m going Beltran to win”
“I expect Ricky to win either late TKO or wide UD”
“Burns wide points margin. The Scottish weather already has Beltran on the ropes”
“Burns wins by stoppage rounds 10-12 in a boxing clinic”
“Want Burns to win but think he will lose sadly”
“Burns on points. He was some way off his best last time out. He may stop him but I’m erring on the side of caution”
“Burns by UD”
There is clearly huge support for the champion Ricky Burns and he is a heavy favourite with boxing fans to get the job done tonight against a worthy and tough challenger in Raymundo Beltran.
The fight will air live tonight on Sky Sports with Matchroom Sport putting on a yet another strong boxing show for UK fight fans.
@boxingroundup on twitter
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin