Bute Injured, May 25th fight vs. Pascal postponed
MONTREAL (May 7, 2013) – As announced earlier by InterBox earlier, Lucian Bute is injured and cannot fight Jean Pascal on May 25 at the Bell Centre. For GYM President Yvon Michel, who was co-promoting the event with InterBox, this is only a postponement of the greatest fight in Canadian history.
“Obviously, when we first heard the news a few hours ago, we were all in shock,” Michel said. “This is part of boxing and we are aware that we have to live and deal with these contingencies. Our perception is that this only a postponement. We ask Quebec to show understanding and patience. We wish a speedy recovery to Lucian.”
Jean Pascal was also surprised to learn the bad news. “I was so excited when I met with the media last week,” Pascal commented from his Las Vegas training camp. “I thought that I was in the best shape of my life and very optimistic about my fight with Bute. We now need to start over but I am a professional. I know that these things happen and I think that sooner or later, we will both be in the ring to settle our differences. And I would like to add that I would still fight on May 25; I am ready to face anyone.”
GYM and InterBox are currently in a research and analysis solution mode. Full details will be announced as soon as there are new developments.
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights