- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Byrne-Morris Headlines April 27th York Hall Event
Dean ‘Irish Lightning’ Byrne versus Jay ‘IOW Assassin’ Morris, for the International Masters Welterweight title, heads up the upcoming Dave Murphy promoted ‘Thunder & Lightning’ event, which takes place at York Hall in London on Saturday 27th April 2013.
On paper globe trotting Irishman Byrne has to be the bookies favourite, especially following his sensational performance against former USBA Welterweight Champion Carson Jones back in December – where he was mightily unlucky to receive ‘a draw’ and not the clear win that most pundits thought he thoroughly deserved.
Saying that though, former British Masters Light Welterweight Champion Morris is no walk over. The fifty two fight veteran from the Isle Of Wight is as tough as they come.
One thing for sure is this will be a classic boxer versus puncher encounter, with Byrne utilizing his classy boxing skills to maximum effect to keep the ‘Isle of Wight Assassin’ on the outside, whilst Morris will be eager to close down Byrne, get inside and pound the body of the slick Irishman.
In keeping with the international theme of the event, main support for Byrne versus Morris sees Lithuanian knockout artist Virgilijus Stapulionis returning to the UK to once again thrill the fans – Don’t blink though, as in his previous two visits to the Capital the big punching Middleweight dispatched his opponents within one round.
Peckham’s Diego Burton makes a welcome return to York Hall, where he has previously won twice, as well as scored a credible draw on his debut.
TRAD TKO’s very own Marianne Marston makes her well overdue debut, against Latvia’s Aleksandra Jasjukevica.
Marston, the protégé of legendary Heavyweight Champion of the World Smokin’ Joe Frazier and two time Cruiserweight Champion of the World Steve ‘USS’ Cunningham, is a big punching Southpaw that learned her craft in the fighting City of Philadelphia, USA – ‘nuff said!
Bermondsey based Nigerian battler Ideh Ockuko will be looking to get back to winning ways.
Ockuko’s last fight, against unbeaten prospect Adam Dingsdale, was a fantastic barnstormer that could have gone either way, in the end though the decision went to Dingsdale by a very close 38-39 points margin.
Chris Rackley will be making his third professional outing. The 21 year old Welterweight from Slough in Berkshire will be keen to impress when he returns to York Hall, the scene of his hard fought draw against the highly experienced Liam Griffiths back in February.
Another youngster, 22 year old Scrappa Smith from West Drayton, makes his first visit to York Hall and will also be looking to build on his two great wins to date.
Local boy, Francis Maina from Limehouse, will be looking to get back to winning ways, having lost his last three outings – all away from home fights and against unbeaten prospects.
Last but not least Wokingham’s Mark Douglas makes his long awaited return to the ring, following a long, forced, sabbatical after he dislocated his shoulder whilst battling with Lee Purdy for the Southern Area strap back in 2009.
Dean ‘Irish Lightning’ Byrne versus Jay ‘IOW Assassin’ Morris, for the International Masters Welterweight Championship, headlines Dave Murphy’s Thunderdrome Promotions ‘Thunder & Lightning’ event at York Hall, Bethnal Green in London on the 27th April 2013.
Tickets, priced £65 (Ringside), £35 (Floor) and £30 (Balcony) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town, London E16 4SA – www.tkoboxinggym.com – or the Ringtone Gym in Euston, London NW1 2PB – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – Tel: 07960 850645 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall