- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Can Canelo beat Mayweather fighting like he did against Trout?
WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (42-0-1, 30 KO’s) isn’t telling anyone what he plans on doing to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26 KO’s) on September 14th, but if it’s anything like how Canelo beat his last opponent former WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout last April, then I think Canelo is going to have to come up with a new plan on the drawing board because the Canelo that fought that fight loses to Mayweather.
If you watched Canelo beat Trout, you’ll notice that Canelo incredibly economical with his punches in every round of the fight.
I think Mayweather would be in trouble if he were to fight Canelo with judges that were going to Canelo rounds where he’s only landing a tiny amount of shots. However, I don’t believe that there are going to be a second set of judges that will give Canelo rounds if he continues to do very little and just sits back looking to land a few hard shots in the round.
If this is going to be Canelo’s plan for beating Mayweather by doing little and just looking to land a hard shot here and there, then I see it doomed for failure because Canelo will need to do a lot more than that. I have a feeling he won’t be willing to because he’ll be like a lot of fighters are when they’re fighting a counter puncher with blazing hand speed; they go into a shutdown mode where they throw next to nothing for fear of being countered. We saw that last Saturday night with Juan Manuel Lopez looking very nervous about letting his hands go because each time he would, Mikey Garcia would counter him with a fast left hook or right hand.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes