- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Canas and Ramirez victorious on Hitz’s Black Wednesday card
Photo: Tom Barnes/Hitz Boxing – An electric Black Wednesday crowd got more than their fill of pre-Thanksgiving action during Hitz Boxing’s “Fight Night at the Horseshoe: The Black Wednesday Battle” Wednesday night in Hammond, IN.
In the six round main event, light welterweight Antonio “Aztec God of War” Canas (9-1-1, 3 KOs) beat the always tough Genaro “G” Mendez (7-2-1, 4 KOs) by majority decision. The two former sparring partners traded punches through the match.
“I wanna be a champion, Chicago’s champion,” said Canas after the fight. “I am looking at big things guys.”
In the co-main event, middleweight Nick “Bad Boy” Ramirez (4-0-1, 1 KO) also won by majority decision in a four round all out brawl against Roy Navarro (3-1, 2 KOs). Following the fight Navarro, who had a large contingent of fans in the house, told ring announcer Ray Flores that he wants a rematch.
“This was a great night of fights, despite losing some key bouts in the last 72 hours, I am so excited about what 2014 holds,” said Bobby Hitz. “We look forward to seeing Mike “Hollywood” Jimenez, Dimar “Strongman” Ortuz, Johnny “Wite Boi” Determan and Frank Scalise back in the ring next year.”
Jimenez, Ortuz and Determan all had opponents drop off at the last minute.
Lightweight prospect Yakubu “Black Mamba” Amidu (21-4-2, 19 KOs) stopped Rynell Griffin (7-19-2, 2 KOs) at 2:50 into the seventh round. Amidu was coming off a controversial draw at the hands of world lightweight contender Juan Carlos Burgos on ESPN Friday Night Fights in late July. Amidu continued to show he was a world class contender by dominating Griffin the entire fight..
Kristin Gearhart (2-0) defeated Allanna “Hands of Stone” Jones (0-1) in a four round lightweight bout. The Chicago native keeps her undefeated record in tact and her future is bright as she dazzled the fans with her pure boxing ability.
Super featherweight Fidel Navarette (3-0-1, 1 KO) stopped DeWayne Wisdom (3-13, 1 KO) at 2:59 with a technical knockout. He is only the second fighter to have stopped Wisdom in 17 bouts.
Lightweight Jose “Chico” Arambula (6-0, 3 KOs) electrified the crowd with second round TKO of Fred Fleming (0-6) 1:47 into the second round. Arambula utilized supreme footwork and unleashed various combinations ending Fleming’s night.
Luis “Sito” Santiago (7-0, 1 KO) beat journeyman boxer Ricky “Da Chosen 1″ Smith (1-5) by majority decision in four round welterweight fight.
In his pro-debut lightweight Eddie Ramirez (1-0, 1 KO) stopped Aaron Lucky (1-5) with a first round TKO.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say