- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Canelo: I hope Guerrero beats Mayweather
WBC 154 lb. champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez is pulling for WBC interim welterweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KO’s) to cause a big upset on May 4th by beating undefeated WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26 KO’s) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Canelo said to esnewsreportingcom: “Anything can happen in boxing, but I hope Guerrero wins.”
It’s interesting that Canelo is hoping that Guerrero gets the victory because this would be something that would hurt Canelo by having Mayweather’s unbeaten record taken away by somebody else. That undefeated record is obviously something that helps bring huge money to Mayweather with fan interest.
Is Canelo pulling for Guerrero out of spite for Mayweather due to him choosing not to agree to fight him in September or is Canelo merely pulling for Guerrero because both of them are Mexican in ethnicity? It would seem kind of silly to want to get back at Mayweather simply because he doesn’t want to fight him right now. Can you imagine Canelo at 36 wanting to fight someone that’s bigger, and younger than him? I can’t see it happening.
I doubt that Canelo will still be a relevant fighter by the time he’s 36 because his game is built more on strength instead of speed, and he’s going to obviously slow down as he gets older and take a lot of punishment. But I can’t see Canelo wanting to fight unproven upstarts when he’s 36. He’ll likely be doing what Mayweather is doing by being selective about his fights.
Guerrero doesn’t have much of a chance in this fight regardless of whether Canelo is pulling for him to win or not. Guerrero is going to have to come up with some better skills than the ones he showed in his recent win over Andre Berto because he’s not going to be able to count on holding and hitting and getting knockdowns that way against Mayweather. If he starts fouling then this fight could end in a disqualification because I can’t see Guerrero getting away with one-fourth of the stuff that he got away with against Berto.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say