- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Cayzer working hard to get back to winning ways
21 year-old light-middleweight Billy ‘The Kid’ Cayzer’s professional career was going fully to plan as he rattled off four straight wins (three stoppages) before disaster occurred in his first live TV fight when he was stopped by Bulgarian champion Stiliyan Kostov in September 2012.
At the time of the loss, Cayzer was having some personal issues and in hindsight should have pulled out of the fight. But he is a determined young man and after getting his personal life back in order is now sparring around London to get ready for his comeback fight on Olivia Goodwin’s ‘Collision Course’ bill at York Hall on March 9th.
Cayzer’s sparring has been exciting to watch. Joe Mullender was first on the list and most recently Cayzer has been involved in explosive sessions with John Ryder. Next week Billy travels to Chingford to spar Lee Markham followed by a final session with Mullender.
Cayzer says: “I believe the loss is a blessing in disguise. I now know what it takes to get to the top and I have no doubt with a fantastic trainer John Cole and a great promotional team around me I can get to the top. I am more committed than ever but have learned that if I am not 100% right I will not go through with a fight in the future.”
Cayzer faces Birmingham veteran Dee Mitchell on March 9th in a show that features two Southern Area title fights in Michael Devine v Dan Naylor (super-featherweight) and Leon Senior v Danny Couzens (light-heavyweight). It’s a typically packed Goodwin card with eleven fights currently slated. Tickets are available at www.goodwinmaninevents.com
Providing he comes through unscathed, Cayzer could well be out again on another Goodwin Promotions’ card, ‘It’s Banjo Time’ at Grays Essex on 5th April which will be screened live by Eurosport.
2013 is a year where Cayzer aims to develop maturity as a fighter. “Sparring John Ryder has shown me where I need to be and I feel with a couple of years under me I am more than capable of being there.”
Watching Cayzer aiming to get there will be exciting viewing.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say