Cecilia Braekhus starts sparring for September 7 showdown
WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion and undefeated pound-for-pound number one Cecilia Braekhus (22-0, 6 KOs) has started her sparring sessions for the September 7 showdown with fellow unbeaten world champion Oxandia Castillo (12-0-2, 9 KOs).
“There are some tough weeks coming up for me,” Braekhus said. “I have strong sparring partners, like (former opponent) Jessica Balogun. But that is exactly what I need to defeat Castillo in Frederikshavn on September 7.
“The basic fitness training has gone very well, I´ve had the whole summer to get ready and prepare. I am pleased with my shape and in the next weeks we will work on the tactics to break down Castillo.”
The First Lady will be sparring at the Team Sauerland headquarters in Berlin’s Max-Schmeling-Gym. Tickets for the Nordic Fight Night at Arena Nord (September 7) are available at www.arenanord.dk.
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights