- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Tyler Asselstine Back In Action
- Ivan Redkach Headlines Stacked Shobox Quadrupleheader On January 17 Against Tony Luis
- Etches added to same bill as Golovkin and Murray
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Cecilia Braekhus vs. Oxandia Castillo on September 7th
WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (22-0, 6 KOs) will take on WBO Female Light Middleweight Champion Oxandia Castillo (12-0, 9 KOs) in a clash of unbeaten champions on September 7. Castillo shocked the boxing world in February when she stopped Hanna Gabriel to become world champion at the age of 18. Widely considered the “next big thing in women´s boxing”, the fearless Castillo now travels to Frederikshavn to challenge the “First Lady” at Arena Nord. “Bring it on,” Braekhus said. “This should be a great fight – two unbeaten champions, two highly-motivated fighters and a great crowd in Frederikshavn.
Said promoter Nisse Sauerland: “Braekhus versus Castillo is an exciting fight of two unbeaten champions. It´s the best fighter in the world against the biggest talent with a fearsome record. Cecilia has made a habit of defending her titles against the best opponents out there and here she is again, taking on this mysterious teenage kid with the big bang. It´s a big risk Cecilia takes, Castillo is bigger and more powerful, but when you have Cecilia´s boxing skills, there is no need to be afraid of anybody. It will be another great fight at Arena Nord.”
Meanwhile, Team Sauerland is delighted to announce the signing of Swedish knock-out artist Oscar Ahlin. The 23-year-old light heavyweight from Stockholm, who has won all of his seven professional fights by KO, has inked a long-term deal with Europe´s biggest boxing promoters. He will receive regular exposure on the Nordic Fight Nights.
Ahlin is the latest addition to an ever-growing line-up of Swedish talents that already features WBC Light Heavyweight Youth Champion Erik Skoglund (17-0, 9 KOs), London 2012 Olympian Anthony Yigit (4-0, 1 KO) and heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin (1-0, 1 KO). “I am thrilled to fight for Team Sauerland,” Ahlin said. “They are the undisputed market leaders in Scandinavia and Europe. It´s the place to be for everybody who wants to be a champion one day. The Nordic Fight Nights will provide me with a fantastic opportunity to show who I am and what I am capable of doing. It will be fun with so many Swedish fighters. ”
Ahlin made his name known in April 2013 when he knocked out unbeaten Norwegian Tim-Robin Lihaug in the third round of their clash in Frederikshavn. “That was a big win for me,” he said. “I wouldn’t be here had I lost that fight.”
Ahlin will return to the ring on September 7 at the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn. Tickets are available at www.arenanord.dk. More fights will be announced in due course.
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Left-Hook Lounge Radio Goes Live at 9ET/6PT
- The Pugilist KOrner: Shawn Porter, Paulie Malignaggi, Miguel Flores, Don Chargin, Jermall Charlo, and Hank Lundy
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine