- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Cello Renda can book an English-title shot in Peterborough next month
Renda has been added to the big show at the Arena on Saturday, May 11 and knows a big fight will be next if he wins. Boxing bosses last week made Renda the mandatory challenger for the English middleweight title held by Danny Butler – and promoter Robert Waterman hopes to bring the big fight to the city in July. Renda said: “This is fantastic news.
“I haven’t stopped thinking about the fight since I heard.
“Being English champion would mean so much to me. It’s what I’ve been working towards and why I’ve made all these sacrifices over the years.”
Butler claimed the vacant St Georges belt last month by handing Birmingham prospect Thomas Costello his first defeat.
Butler has previously challenged for British and Commonwealth honours – he was beaten in seven rounds by Darren Barker – and beating the Bristolian would take Renda a massive step towards a crack at the Lonsdale belt currently held by Billy-Joe Saunders.
Renda says manager and trainer Jon Pegg will help him take a step nearer his British-title target.
He said: “Jon is really happy with the fight and knows what the game plan has to be.
“He has seen a lot of Butler and a few of my gym mates have sparred him.
“We know Butler is fit, strong and won’t give up the English title without a fight.
“If I don’t bring my ‘A’ game, Butler will beat me. But I’m going to push myself even harder in the gym and win this fight. I’m so hungry it’s unreal.”
The English-title fight means Renda can’t afford any slip ups in Peterborough next month after being given the green light to box.
Doctors inserted 25 stitches in cuts to his eyes inflicted by Tyan Booth at the Arena in February and Renda says he’s ready to get back in the ring.
He said: “I don’t really need the fight in Peterborough, but I want to keep myself focussed and sharp.”
Eye super-middleweight Sam Barron has had the best sparring in the world in the countdown to the show !
Father Gary contacted former opponent Robert McCracken and set up a sparring session with IBF super-middleweight champion Carl Froch in Sheffield.
Froch is currently preparing for his rematch with Mikkel Kessler on Saturday, May 25 – and gave Barron a vote of confidence after they swapped punches.
Barron, a knock-out winner on his pro debut in February, said: “Carl told me I’ve got a good jab and right hand and can be a good fighter. He says I need to relax more – but getting in the ring with him is a nerve-wracking experience ! He’s so strong and a dangerous puncher.”
Barron clearly impressed because he’s been invited back for more sparring with Froch and Anthony Ogogo, the Olympic bronze medallist who makes his pro debut this weekend.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada