“Champions of Tomorrow”: Robles Finishes Up Best Camp Yet
SAN DIEGO, CA (April 16, 2013) – Emmanuel “Renegade” Robles (7-0-1, 3KOs) of San Diego is putting the finishing touches on what he called, “my best training camp ever”. He and his coach Ernest Johnson wrapped up the intense part of the camp today and is only one pound over the contracted weight of 143 pounds for his bout against Joshua “Superman” Marks this Friday, April 19th, at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel at 7:30 p.m. With an unblemished record, Robles feels a little pressure to shine in front of his home crowd.
“This is the biggest fight of my career so far and I know it will be a tough fight against Marks. I trained very well and with a win over Marks, I will be in line for bigger fights,” stated an enthusiastic Robles. Robles, a young father of three, is a hope of Bobby DePhilippi’s and his promotional outfit Bobby D Presents.
Robles, who campaigns at junior welterweight, is going up in weight to meet the bigger man in Marks, a welterweight, at a catch weight of 143 pounds. “There has been a lot of talk about the sparring session Joshua and I had where things got out of control real quick. That really happened, as a matter of fact, he stormed out of our gym so fast he left his gloves and head gear behind. I was stupid and I followed him into the parking lot where we went at it some more. If it wasn’t for my coach telling me to stop, who knows what would have happened”, a smiling Robles recalls.
Robles (pictured above with his coach Ernest Johnson) and Marks both vowed to finish in the ring what they started in that sparring session. Be there when these two men settle their score in a fight that Bobby DePhilippi’s says was one of the easiest he has made. “To be honest, I think these two guys love to fight and would fight each other for free because that’s how much they want a piece of each another,” stated DePhilippi’s.
The Bobby D. Presents “Champions of Tomorrow” fight card is sponsored by Mossy Automotive Group, Filippi’s Pizza Grotto, Pepsi, Island Squeeze and El Latino Newspaper. The Four Points by Sheraton Hotel is located at 8110 Aero Drive, San Diego, CA, 92123. Tickets are still available starting at $35 at SanDiegoFights.com or by calling (619) 420-8866. Doors open at 6:30pm with the first punch thrown at 7:30pm.
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Robert Stieglitz vs Arthur Abraham III Official: March 1st in Magdeburg
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed