- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Championship Round Results From the 2013 National Golden Gloves Championships in Salt Lake City
(SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH) – The 2013 Golden Gloves National Championships concluded with 10 final round bouts on Saturday at the Salt Palace Convention Center in in Salt Lake City, Utah. Championship bouts were contested in all 10 weight divisions on the final night of action.
Bantamweight Gary Antonio Russell (Capitol Heights, Md.) received the Golden Boy award, given to the Outstanding Boxer of the Tournament. He became the third Russell brother to win the National Golden Gloves, joining older brothers Gary Allan Russell, Jr., and Gary Allen Russell III who won the event in 2005 and 2010 respectively. They are the third trio of brothers to win the National Golden Gloves and the first in 35 years.
Super heavyweight Cam F. Awesome (Lenexa, Kansas) enjoyed a triumphant trio as well, winning his third National Golden Gloves title.
The full list of results can be found below.
Saturday’s Championship Round Results
108 lbs: Nico Hernandez, Kansas-Oklahoma dec. Tyrone Arzeno, Pennsylvania
114 lbs: Stephen Fulton Jr., Pennsylvania dec. Cristian Williams, Chicago
123 lbs: Gary Antonio Russell, Washington DC dec. Ja’Rico O’Quinn, Detroit
132 lbs: Lamont Roach Jr., Washington DC dec. Maliek Montgomery, Knoxville
141 lbs: Julian Rodriguez, New Jersey dec. Eddie Ramirez, Chicago
152 lbs: Erickson Lubin, Florida dec. Andreal Holmes Jr., Michigan
165 lbs: Marquis Moore, Colorado-N. Mexico dec. Kyrone Davis, Pennsylvania
178 lbs: Steven Nelson, Colorado-New Mexico dec. Randy Foster, Knoxville
201 lbs: Earl Newman, New York Metro dec. Joshua Temple, St. Louis
201+ lbs: Cam F. Awesome, Kansas City dec. Jermaine Franklin, Michigan
USA Boxing, as the national governing body for Olympic-style boxing, is the United States’ member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA) and a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say