- Aiming for first title fight March 2015
- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
Championship Tripleheader Heads To Fox Deportes On June 29
LOS ANGELES, June 28 – Three of Mexico’s finest young stars take to the ring at the General Arteaga Auditorium of Queretaro on Saturday, June 29, for “Tercia De Ases” (Trio of Aces), a hard-hitting tripleheader to air live on FOX DEPORTES.
In the 10 round main event, IBF female bantamweight world champion Yazmin “La Rusita” Rivas defends her crown against Japanese contender Kimika Miyoshi. But the championship action doesn’t stop there, as Toluca’s Ibeth “La Roca” Zamora puts her WBC female junior flyweight title on the line against Culiacan’s Maricela “La Baby” Quintero, and in the 12 round super flyweight opener, NABF champion Jose “Sugar” Salgado of Cozumel takes on Japan’s Toyoto Shiraishi.
“Tercia De Ases” is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Canelo Promotions and sponsored by Corona. Doors open at 6 p.m. CT and the first fight begins at 7 p.m. CT. The FOX Deportes broadcast begins at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT. The Televisa broadcast begins at 10:30 p.m. CT. The action will take place in Apatzingan, Michoacan at the Adolfo Lopez Sport Center.
Torreon’s Yazmin Rivas (27-7, 9 KOs) has been competing professionally since 2001, quickly earning the respect of boxing insiders and fans with her hard-fought 2004 bout with Jackie Nava and her first title winning effort against Lucia Avalos for the WBA super flyweight title in 2005. After a 2011 stint on a popular reality show in which she went 3-0-1, the 25-year-old won the IBF bantamweight title with a decision win over 21-0 Susie Ramadan, and she has gone on to successfully defend her belt four times.
Fighting out of Kanagawa, Japan, 29-year-old Kimika Miyoshi (8-5-1, 3 KOs) bounced back from a rocky 3-5-1 start to her pro career to run off five consecutive victories, earning her a shot at Rivas’ title. In her most recent bout, on February 27, Miyoshi won the OPBF bantamweight belt with an eight round win over Riyo Togo.
A fighter unafraid of any challenge, Ibeth Zamora (17-5, 7 KOs) has been competing for titles as a pro since her third bout, when she lost a 10 round decision to Esmeralda Moreno. Three fights later though, she won the Mexican title, going on to add the interim WBA and WBC Youth belts to her resume. In March of this year, the talented 24-year-old took the vacant WBC junior flyweight title by decisioning Naoko Shibata, and on June 29 she will defend it for the first time.
Maricela Quintero (11-3-1) is a veteran of nearly five years in the pro game, and she is unbeaten in seven of her last eight bouts, with the only loss being a decision to former WBC 108-pound champion Esmeralda Moreno last November. Since then, Zamora has picked up the vacated crown, and Quintero has every intention of taking it when they meet later this month.
Despite being just 24 years old, Jose “Sugar” Salgado (31-2-1, 26 KOs) has done more than most boxers his age, and he’s just getting started. A pro since 2007 with 34 fights to his name, Salgado has won several regional titles, with the NABF 115-pound crown his latest conquest. Fresh off two successful defenses of the NABF belt, Salgado hopes that a win over Shiraishi will open the door for a 2013 world title shot.
Japanese veteran Toyoto Shiraishi (23-7-1, 11 KOs) is unquestionably one of Salgado’s stiffest tests, and the 27-year-old from Tokyo has every intention of leaving Mexico with a victory on June 29. Winner of two of his last three, the hard-nosed NABF title challenger has the skill and will to put on a memorable performance against the rising Mexican star.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down