- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Chicago Crooner James Cornelison to Sing National Anthem at ‘THE BIG FIGHT 2′
Legendary Chicago national anthem singer James Cornelison, best known for his beloved renditions of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “O Canada” at the beginning of home games for the Chicago Blackhawks, will sing the national anthem at tomorrow night’s (Friday, August 16) historic boxing event at U.S. Cellular Field.
A huge crowd is expected to watch Cornelison perform, just before the night’s 12-round main event between IBO Light Heavyweight Champion Andrzej Fonfara and former world champion Gabriel “EL Chico Guapo” Campillo.
Fonfara and Campillo are headlining “THE BIG FIGHT 2,” a historic outdoor boxing event being held at U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox, and broadcast worldwide on ESPN Friday Night Fights. It is being presented by “The Promoters”- Round 3 Productions, 8 Count Productions, Warriors Boxing and Ulrich KnockOut Promotions in association with the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority.
In the other bouts scheduled for broadcast, undefeated heavyweight Artur ‘The Pin” Szpilka (15-0, 11 KOs) will fight a 10-round rematch to his bloody war with “Merciless” Mike Mollo (20-4-1, 12 KOs) and Chicago’s Adrian “EL Tigre” Granados will face off against undefeated Mansfield, Ohio’s Mark Salser over eight scheduled rounds
Five-time Chicago Golden Gloves champ Kristin Gearhart will also make her professional boxing debut.
The addition of the well-respected Cornelison adds even more flavor to a card packed with Chicago sports history and tradition. He began singing the anthem for the Blackhawks in 1996 and has also sung for the Chicago Bears.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction