Chicago Crooner James Cornelison to Sing National Anthem at ‘THE BIG FIGHT 2′
Legendary Chicago national anthem singer James Cornelison, best known for his beloved renditions of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “O Canada” at the beginning of home games for the Chicago Blackhawks, will sing the national anthem at tomorrow night’s (Friday, August 16) historic boxing event at U.S. Cellular Field.
A huge crowd is expected to watch Cornelison perform, just before the night’s 12-round main event between IBO Light Heavyweight Champion Andrzej Fonfara and former world champion Gabriel “EL Chico Guapo” Campillo.
Fonfara and Campillo are headlining “THE BIG FIGHT 2,” a historic outdoor boxing event being held at U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox, and broadcast worldwide on ESPN Friday Night Fights. It is being presented by “The Promoters”- Round 3 Productions, 8 Count Productions, Warriors Boxing and Ulrich KnockOut Promotions in association with the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority.
In the other bouts scheduled for broadcast, undefeated heavyweight Artur ‘The Pin” Szpilka (15-0, 11 KOs) will fight a 10-round rematch to his bloody war with “Merciless” Mike Mollo (20-4-1, 12 KOs) and Chicago’s Adrian “EL Tigre” Granados will face off against undefeated Mansfield, Ohio’s Mark Salser over eight scheduled rounds
Five-time Chicago Golden Gloves champ Kristin Gearhart will also make her professional boxing debut.
The addition of the well-respected Cornelison adds even more flavor to a card packed with Chicago sports history and tradition. He began singing the anthem for the Blackhawks in 1996 and has also sung for the Chicago Bears.
- Weights: Rigondeaux 121, Agbeko 121.6
- Malinga Looks To Mandela For Inspiration Against Hall
- Kazakhstan 4-1 Mexico: The Wolves tear up the Guerreros
- I CAN’T BEHEAD MALIGNAGGI BUT I CAN KNOCK HIM OUT’ ROARS ‘GLADIATOR’ JUDAH AS HE WEIGHS IN ON EVE OF BROOKLYN BATTLE LIVE ON BOXNATION
- “USS” CUNNINGHAM PAUSES TO REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR DAY
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Weigh-In -3:00 p.m. ET
- Sturm vs. Barker: Weigh-In Results
- Antoine Douglas, Jerry Odom Score KOs on Broadway Boxing
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round