- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Juan Dominguez takes on German Mraz to headline April 5th
- KNOCKOUT REALITY SHOW BRINGING BOXING BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
Chinese Olympic Gold Medalist ZOU SHIMING Signs With Top Rank
BEJING (January 23, 2013) — February 10 may mark the beginning of the Chinese New Year — the Year of the Snake — but January 23 will be known as the day the Era of Zou began. Hall of Fame promoter BOB ARUM announced the signing of two-time Olympic Gold Medal winner and three-time World Amateur Champion ZOU SHIMING. Arum made the announcement today at a press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel Bejing.
“Zou is an incredible talent who is beloved in the People’s Republic of China,” said Arum. “We at Top Rank will make every effort to make certain that he has a spectacular career as a professional boxer.”
Shiming, 31, one of the most popular Olympic athletes in the People’s Republic of China, is the world’s greatest amateur light flyweight, capturing gold medals in the World Amateur Championships in 2005, 2007 and 2011 while capturing gold medals in the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympic Games. He also owns an Olympic Bronze Medal from the 2004 games, making him his nation’s first Olympic medalist in boxing as well as its first boxing Gold Medalist in the World Amateur Championships and the Olympics.
Known for his extraordinary speed and superb footwork, thanks to years of martial-arts training, many of Shiming’s opponents complain that they cannot keep up with him much less see his punches coming. He has stated that his heroes are Muhammad Ali and Jackie Chan. Shiming is scheduled to make his professional debut on April 6 at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel in Macau.
“We are extremely grateful to the Sands China Ltd. for its great cooperation in this venture to launch the professional career of this great young athlete,” continued Arum.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?