- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Dereck Chisora in action on February 15th
Heavyweight destroyer Dereck Chisora headlines promoter Frank Warren’s first event of 2014 when he makes the first defence of his European title on another title-packed extravaganza at London’s Copper Box Arena on Saturday 15th February.
The red-hot Finchley star, will be joined by British stars Billy Joe Saunders, who defends his British and Commonwealth Middleweight titles, former WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly making his cruiserweight debut and challenging for the Commonwealth title, new WBO European Super-Middleweight Champion Frank Buglioni, plus English Welterweight Champion Bradley Skeete.
All the action will be live and exclusive on The Channel of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Chisora, who has turned his career around this year with sensational power-packed performances, is on course for a second world title shot and needs another crucial win to keep in prime position and awaits news of who will be in the opposite corner.
“I’m excited to be entering 2014 with a potential world title shot on the horizon. I’ve shown this year that I mean business and when I’m fit and in shape, nobody in the division can beat me. The hunger and desire is there burning away and I won’t stop until the world title is strapped around my waist. I’m disappointed that David Price vacated, that was a great domestic showdown for the fans, but he’s gone another route, and Fury is looking at other options, and Wilder doesn’t want to know about me. Either way I’m on course for the world title and I’ve just got keep doing what I’m doing and win.”
Hatfield ace Saunders makes his return to the ring after a hard twelve months that has seen him win four back-to-back fights going the full twelve-round distance and beating his main domestic rival in John Ryder.
Saunders makes the third defence of his prized British title, which means he would make the belt his own property if his wins, and also puts his Commonwealth title on the line against a challenger to be confirmed.
Warren said he would be keen to move Saunders up a division to super-middleweight to challenge former Beijing Olympic team mate James DeGale in a cracking all-British showdown, while Saunders also had some stinging words for rival Chris Eubank Jr.
Saunders said, “I’d take James DeGale in heart beat. I don’t care about moving up a weight to fight him. It’s a massive fight that the public deserves to see and what British boxing needs. We’re friends, but this is business, he knows that, so let’s do it and give the fight fans what they want. I’m confident I’d come away the winner in that fight. As for Chris Eubank Jr., he’s a complete joke, he calls me out and we offer him the fight, but then his team come back and says that he’s not ready to fight me yet. I would take great pleasure in smashing him to pieces and shutting that big mouth up.”
Cleverly, the former WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion, returns to action after he was due to fight on the last Copper Box Arena show in November but had to withdraw after sustaining a back injury whilst doing dead-lifts with weights.
Cleverly will go straight back into championship action when he takes on rugged Australian Daniel Ammann for the Vacant Commonwealth title.
He said, “I’ll be fit and ready for February 8th and I’m looking forward to making my cruiserweight debut at long last. The injury was a blow as I would have liked to have had that fight against Ammann in November so that I could look to fight for the world title sooner. It’s a massive incentive for me to become a two-time and two-weight world champion and I’m focussed on achieving that dream.”
Fast rising talent Buglioni makes the first defence of his newly acquired WBO European Super-Middleweight title that he won at the Copper Box Arena last time out with a devastating body shot to halt Stepan Horvath in the eighth round.
It was the first title win of undefeated Buglioni’s career and he’s looking forward to defending the title and picking up more experience next year as he takes his career to the next level.
“That was the best performance of my career, I felt in control and commanded the fight from the off. There is still plenty to learn so there is no rush, I’m fighting regularly and the Copper Box Arena is my new home, it’s a fantastic venue, my fans love it there and I’m looking to put on more exciting performance.” Said Buglioni.
Also on the show, Penge’s Skeete makes the first defence of his English Welterweight title that he won against experienced veteran Colin Lynes at the Copper Box Arena last month, plus Romford cruiserweight Tony Conquest, Erith super-bantamweight Lewis Pettitt, Enfield light-heavyweight Andreas Evangelou, Islington welterweight Georgie Kean, Canning Town light-welterweight Billy Morgan.
Tickets, priced at £40, £50, £70 and £120, are available from Eventim on 0844 249 1000 or online at www.eventim.co.uk
Watch live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity