- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Chris Goodwin Pumped Up For Oisin Fagan Title Clash This Saturday
Its third time lucky for Chesters Chris Goodwin and Dublins Oisin Gael Force Fagan, as their long awaited clash for the vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) Inter-Continental Lightweight crown is finally set to take place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London this coming Saturday. The pair were originally due to fight each other, in Cork, on December 15th last year, but the fight was cancelled following Goodwins sister being involved in a near fatal car crash.
The bout was rescheduled to take place at the Civic Hall in Grays, Essex earlier this month, but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond either fighters control the bout failed to take place.
The extraordinary circumstances that caused the second postponement looked set to kill off the match-up altogether, that was until Bruce Baker, Chairman of the Professional Boxing Promoters Association (PBPA) and promoter Dave Murphy stepped in to bring the highly volatile Battle Royale to the Capital, to headline Murphys Thunder & Lightning event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 27th April 2013.
Following his check weight, reigning World Boxing Foundation Lightweight World Champion Chris Goodwin said,
Its definitely third time lucky, we were more than a bit disappointed about the last cancelation, mainly training wise, its frustrating when youve done everything to get down to the weight.
It was out of our hands, the BBBofC had a licensing issue with Oisin, I dont know what it was but he couldnt fight so it was cancelled.
The first time I just couldnt fight, my sister had a really bad crash, she was in intensive care for a couple of weeks and my mind wasnt in the right place to fight.
Shes doing absolutely brilliant now though. Shes doing really good, shes up and about and driving again so shes doing really well.
Mind you everythings come together well for this fight, training camps been first class and my weights good. Im really looking forward to the fight.
Its going be a really tough fight, hes had some good fights against seriously tough opposition.
I know hes really experienced, which suits us. I mean as you progress you want tougher opponents, youre going come across these tough fighters at some time, so I told myself that Im going to have to fight someone of his caliber, so why not do it now.
So we are and Im ready for whatever he brings on the night.
Chris Goodwin versus Oisin Fagan, for the WBF Inter-Continental Lightweight title, headlines Dave Murphys Thunderdrome Promotions Thunder & Lightning event at York Hall, Bethnal Green in London on the 27th April 2013.
Tickets, priced £65 (Ringside), £35 (Floor) and £30 (Balcony) are available on-line at either www.tkoboxoffice.com or www.mariannemarston.com
Tickets can also be purchased from any of the listed Boxers and are also available at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town, London E16 4SA – www.tkoboxinggym.com – or the Ringtone Gym in Euston, London NW1 2PB – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – Tel: 07960 850645 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent