- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
- M-1 Challenge 46 Fact Sheet for Friday in Russia
Chris Keane Given WBO Shot
By Daniel Mole: Chris Keane has been given a shot at the WBO International Cruiserweight Title. The Walsall boxer will face an as yet unnamed opponent for the vacant strap on the undercard of Martin Gethin’s IBF Final Eliminator with Ammeth Diaz at Walsall Town Hall on Friday, 31st May.
Keane has been in explosive form of late, blowing away former British Cruiserweight King, Shane McPhilbin, in January and disposing of previously unbeaten Hungarian brawler, Tamas Toth, last month. Those fights lasted just three and two rounds respectively and, after reaching the ‘ten professional fights’ mark, Keane is now able to fight for the International version of the World Boxing Organisation’s belt.
As well as fighting for the prestigious strap, Keane will earn an International ranking as he looks to build on his impressive 10-0 record.
“It’s a big opportunity for me,” Keane told www.uko-boxing.com. “It’s a chance to prove myself at a higher level, which is good.
“I’m feeling in the best shape of my career. I felt really good against Toth last month. My power and accuracy were there. I’m fighting more regularly too which is helping.”
The 27 year-old former ABA Champion knows that, whoever he is to face on 31st May, will be a step up in class. However, he is confident of proving himself on the International stage and believes the raucous home crowd will help spur him, and indeed fellow hometown hero Gethin, on to victory.
“I listen to my trainers – Paul Hudson and Dean Edwards – and they say I’m ready to push on,” he added. “I believe in what they tell me and if they say I’m ready, that’s good enough for me.
“I just concentrate on getting ready to get in the ring. It’s good to be fighting in Walsall again though. The atmosphere at the Town Hall is electric.”
As well as Gethin and Keane, the undercard on “Ready To Silence The World” features a host of boxing talent.
Top Welsh super-featherweight, Craig Evans, and unbeaten Boston light-heavyweight prospect Callum Johnson are both in action whilst former Commonwealth Welterweight title challenger Ronnie Heffron features.
Wolverhampton super-featherweight Dezzie Bowater, West Bromwich welterweight Tom Stokes and Swadlincote super middleweight Craig Willshee make their professional debuts. Undefeated Stafford super-middleweight prospect Grant Cunningham is also in action.
Tickets, priced at £40 and £75 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. Doors will open at 6.00pm and boxing will commence at 6.30pm.
Gethin v Diaz will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?