- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Chris ‘The Male Man’ Set To Deliver
By Jon Sidaway, UKO Boxing – Chris ‘The Male Man’ Male is ready to deliver in front of his home crowd when he meets Troy ‘Terrifying’ James in a British Super Featherweight Title Eliminator next month.
The Cradley-born boxer (12-1) takes on Coventry’s James (14-2-1), at The Copthorne Hotel, Merry Hill-Dudley on Saturday, 14th September.
The winner will move up the BBBoC rankings and be rewarded with either a Final Eliminator or mandatory shot at the prestigious Lonsdale strap, which is currently held by Wales’ Gary Buckland (27-2).
Buckland puts his title on the line against Liverpool’s, Stephen ‘Swifty’ Smith (16-1), in Cardiff this weekend (Saturday, 17th August) with the winner likely to defend against the victor of James or Male later in the year. Dewsbury’s Gary Sykes has also been mentioned as a possible title contender but Male isn’t looking past James.
“Without a doubt this is the biggest fight in my career and I’m ready to deliver a win,” he told www.uko-boxing.com. “Becoming a British Champion is what I’ve always wanted, so if I can get Troy (James) out the way, I’m one step closer to that goal.
“I need to be on full alert. He’s going to be a tough challenge, he’s a good fighter and will look to come at me, but that’s what I prefer so it will be a good fight.
“I’ll be looking to land some big shots and do the business.”
Male returned to the ring with a victory over Slovakian, Elemir Rafael, earlier this year, just six months after initially retiring from the sport following a points loss to Leeds’ Josh Warrington for the vacant English title back in November 2012.
Ahead of the British Title Eliminator, the 30 year-old has declared having ‘unfinished business’ to settle after admitting he was rash in hanging up his gloves.
However, taking the positives out of defeat, Male believes his only career defeat to date has made him stronger – mentally and physically – since moving up a weight from featherweight to super featherweight.
“Quitting was a rash decision and I was frustrated with making featherweight because it was really taking its toll on my body,” he added. “Since returning to the sport, I feel great and I am a lot more confident and feel physically stronger, which I think showed in my last fight (versus Rafael).
“This fight is a great opportunity at a higher weight where I feel comfortable and I’m looking forward to completing some unfinished business by getting the opportunity to become a British Champion.”
Dudley’s undefeated light-middleweight, Kyle Spencer (6-0), Stourbridge’s former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce (7-2), and Gornal prospect Lance Brooks (2-0) all feature on the undercard of the One Promotions show.
The format of the evening is a Boxing Dinner Show.
Tickets are priced at £55 to include a three-course meal and VIP Ringside tables (of ten) are available at £100 per person to include a three-course meal and complimentary bottles of wine. British Lightweight Champion, Martin Gethin, and former British Welterweight Champion, Young Mutley, will both be present in VIP.
Tickets can be purchased by calling either 07772 623 634 or 07780 505 743.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In