- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Iron Mike Productions: "Judgement Day" - Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Let's give Jesús the Space He's Earned
- "I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- All Access: Canelo vs. Lara – Episode 2 – Full Episode
- Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford Summer Series Starts July 18
- Tony Luis to Face Wanzell Ellison on “ShoBox: The New Generation” 200th Episode on Friday, July 25
- Chris Martin vs. Efrain Esquivias Collide, Friday, July 25
- Undefeated prospects Rodriguez and Whitaker top fight card at Wolff Stadium in San Antonio, TX, on August 30th
- Bellew: When I fight Cleverly, I’ll retire him
Chris Truman Inspired By Roy Jones Junior
Chris Truman believes meeting boxing legend, Roy Jones Junior, has inspired him ahead of his British Masters Title showdown with Stephen Jennings.
The Erdington-born light welterweight met the four-weight world champion at the Hawthorns last Saturday evening. The ‘Fighter of the Decade’ for the 1990s – as voted by the Boxing Writers Association of America – appeared at West Bromwich Albion’s home stadium for a sporting dinner.
Truman, who takes on Jennings at the Institute, Digbeth, Birmingham on Saturday, 29th June, went along as a guest of Promoter, Marcus Anderson.
The 28 year-old has drawn inspiration from speaking to Jones, the only boxer in history to start his career as a light middleweight and go on to win a heavyweight title.
“It was a real honour to meet him,” Truman told www.uko-boxing.com. “He’s a boxing legend and he had so many stories to tell. He’s an inspiration.
“I shook his hand and had a good chat with him about my own career and he told me to keep working hard and putting in the hours in the gym and I’ll get my rewards.
“You look at him, in such good shape for a 44 year-old, and it makes you realise that if you live the life, you can achieve things. Meeting Roy was amazing and he’s inspired me ahead of the Jennings fight.
“It will be a tough test but, after listening to Roy talk about being a four-weight champion, it makes you realise that anything is possible.”
As well as Truman versus Jennings, It’s-A-Bout-Boxing’s ‘Salvation: Rise of the Trumanator’ also features Coventry super featherweight Troy ‘Terrifying’ James, Burton welterweight Tom Shaw and Welsh light middleweight prospect, Warren Sinden.
Northampton lightweight, Jamie Spence, and prospects Michael Mooney and Ainsley Seivwright complete the card.
Tickets are priced at just £25 General, £50 Ringside and £75 VIP Ringside. They are by calling the Box Office on 0845 467 3930 or 07888 870 650.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight
- Alvarez vs Lara Final Press Conference Quotes
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned