- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Christopher Martin vs. Jose Angel Beranza on February 22nd
Orange, CA (February 8) – Thompson Boxing Promotions returns to the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario with a double shot of boxing action to open up 2013.
Newly signed Christopher “Marvelous” Martin showcases his super bantamweight talent in the main event on Friday, February 22. Martin faces Mexican veteran Jose Angel Beranza in a fight set for eight rounds for the WBC US super bantamweight vacant title.
It’s a rematch for redemption!
Martin (25-2-3, 8 KOs) has some notable wins on his record such as his 10-round split decision win over Chris Avalos and his knockouts of Robert Guillen and Mexican KO artist Roberto Castañeda last summer. The clever counter-puncher Martin has suddenly discovered his power stroke and needs it against Beranza (35-25-2, 27 KOs) who is the first to defeat Martin. The San Diego prizefighter is anxious to remedy the score.
“When Beranza and I last fought he surprised me with his timing. I expected him to come at me but I ended up having to chase him. He out boxed me and would hit and hold. I got frustrated. This time it’s going to be different. I have been working on sitting down on my punches. I got stoppages in my last two fights and feel confident in my ability to walk away with the win. We’re going to go hard for 8 rounds.
Tickets for “PATH TO GLORY” are priced at $75, $45, and $30. They are available now and may be purchased by calling 714-935-0900.
In the co-main event the lanky San Bernardino destroyer Artemio “King” Reyes Jr. tangles with Tucson’s Rodolfo “Bam Bam” Armenta in a welterweight clash set for eight rounds. Reyes (18-2, 14 KOs) is anxious to reclaim a higher ranking in the welterweight division. He won’t find it a breeze when he faces Arizona’s Armenta (12-9-1, 9 KOs) who has faced some of the best prospects in the division. Reyes’ last win was a blowout of Mexico’s Pipino Cuevas Jr. and he is anxious to make 2013 a great year.
Colombian middleweight standout Alex “El Principe” Theran (10-0, 6 KOs) has an even match up against Hawaii’s Michael Balasi (10-1, 7 KOs) in a six round bout. It’s the southpaw slugger’s first venture into American soil after three consecutive knockout wins in Colombia and he hopes to make a good impression. Balasi is also a southpaw and his only loss was a split decision in the Philippines back in 2006.
Riverside super bantamweight Juan Reyes (8-1-1, 1 KO) returns to the Doubletree Hotel for a fourth time. At the moment, the whirlwind pugilist does not have a contracted opponent but will be in a six round contest.
Others fighting on the February 22nd are Giovanni Santillan (6-0, 4 KOs) vs. Michael Lucero (12-17-2, 4 KOs); Joshua Conley (4-0, 4 KOs) vs. Juan Carlos Rojas (4-4, 4 KOs); and Xavier Montelongo (2-0-1) vs. Pedro Toledo (1-0-1).
Bouts subject to change. Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the first bell rings at 7:30 pm. The Doubletree Hotel is located at 222 North Vineyard Avenue in Ontario. The hotel phone number is 909-937-0900.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada