- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Christopher Martin Victorious with knockout
ONTARIO CA (July 1, 2013) – This past Friday June 28, Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory” card at the Double Tree Hotel was another great success. In the main event, super bantamweight Christopher Martin (27-2-3, 9 KOs) continued his march toward his goal of fighting for a world title with a hard fought KO win against Raul Hidalgo (20-9, 16 KOs).
Both fighters had their moments in the early rounds but it was Hildago who was landing the harder blows. Martin had to dig deep to get them momentum back in his favor after it was evident that he was down in the fight. Entering the fifth round, Martin started to put his punches together and Hildago was on the receiving end of some powerful combinations that had him hurt. A hard punch to the body from Martin put Hildago down and the fight was over. The bout was stopped at the 2:37 mark of round five.
“This was a tough fight but one I needed to win and that’s exactly what I did.” said Martin. “Hildago proved to be a very durable opponent but once I started to land my combinations I can see I was hurting him. I landed a nice body shot and the referee stopped the fight. I’m happy with my performance and I’m looking forward to my next fight.”
“Christopher is riding a nice four-fight winning streak and he’s put himself in a great position,” said Thompson Boxing’s Alex Camponovo. “If he continues to win, I can see him fighting for a world title by the end of the year. We’ll get together with his team and present him with a few different options.”
In the co-main event, featherweights Efrain Esquivias (16-2-1, 9KOs) and Victor Sanchez (5-6-2, 2KOs) had their fight stopped early after an accidental clash of heads forced the referee to halt the bout at the 2:22 mark of round two. The bout was ruled a technical draw.
Jr. Welterweight Giovanni Santillan (9-0, 5 KOs) defeated Adam Ealoms (3-4-3, 1 KO) by way of a six-round unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 60-54 in favor of Santillan.
In a four round bantamweight contest, Daniel Roman (6-1-1, 2 KOs) defeated Manuel Ruvalcaba (1-5) by way of a four-round unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 40-35 for Roman.
Middleweight Joshua Conley (7-0, 6KOs) remained undefeated with an impressive knockout victory over Roberto Lara (0-4). The bout was scheduled for six-rounds.
Heavyweight Justin Goslee (1-0, 1 KO) was victorious in his pro debut defeating Jose Hermosillo (0-1) by knockout. Hermosillio was dropped three times before the referee stopped the bout at the 2:14 mark of round one.
“PATH TO GLORY” was presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and
sponsored by Lucas Oil, in association with Time Warner Cable
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing