- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
Christopher Martin Victorious with knockout
ONTARIO CA (July 1, 2013) – This past Friday June 28, Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory” card at the Double Tree Hotel was another great success. In the main event, super bantamweight Christopher Martin (27-2-3, 9 KOs) continued his march toward his goal of fighting for a world title with a hard fought KO win against Raul Hidalgo (20-9, 16 KOs).
Both fighters had their moments in the early rounds but it was Hildago who was landing the harder blows. Martin had to dig deep to get them momentum back in his favor after it was evident that he was down in the fight. Entering the fifth round, Martin started to put his punches together and Hildago was on the receiving end of some powerful combinations that had him hurt. A hard punch to the body from Martin put Hildago down and the fight was over. The bout was stopped at the 2:37 mark of round five.
“This was a tough fight but one I needed to win and that’s exactly what I did.” said Martin. “Hildago proved to be a very durable opponent but once I started to land my combinations I can see I was hurting him. I landed a nice body shot and the referee stopped the fight. I’m happy with my performance and I’m looking forward to my next fight.”
“Christopher is riding a nice four-fight winning streak and he’s put himself in a great position,” said Thompson Boxing’s Alex Camponovo. “If he continues to win, I can see him fighting for a world title by the end of the year. We’ll get together with his team and present him with a few different options.”
In the co-main event, featherweights Efrain Esquivias (16-2-1, 9KOs) and Victor Sanchez (5-6-2, 2KOs) had their fight stopped early after an accidental clash of heads forced the referee to halt the bout at the 2:22 mark of round two. The bout was ruled a technical draw.
Jr. Welterweight Giovanni Santillan (9-0, 5 KOs) defeated Adam Ealoms (3-4-3, 1 KO) by way of a six-round unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 60-54 in favor of Santillan.
In a four round bantamweight contest, Daniel Roman (6-1-1, 2 KOs) defeated Manuel Ruvalcaba (1-5) by way of a four-round unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 40-35 for Roman.
Middleweight Joshua Conley (7-0, 6KOs) remained undefeated with an impressive knockout victory over Roberto Lara (0-4). The bout was scheduled for six-rounds.
Heavyweight Justin Goslee (1-0, 1 KO) was victorious in his pro debut defeating Jose Hermosillo (0-1) by knockout. Hermosillio was dropped three times before the referee stopped the bout at the 2:14 mark of round one.
“PATH TO GLORY” was presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and
sponsored by Lucas Oil, in association with Time Warner Cable
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent