- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Cohen Congratulates All His Fighters for Their Performances Friday in Miami, Oklahoma
Promoter Greg Cohen of Greg Cohen Promotions wishes to thank his promotional partners (Eye of the Tiger, Vito Mielnicki and GH3 Promotions, and Pitbull Promotions) and congratulate all four of his fighters who scored impressive victories on Friday, May 10, in Miami, Oklahoma.
Fighting in the night’s main event and live on ShoBox: The New Generation Canada’s Dierry “Dougy Style” Jean (25-0, 17 KOs) won his 12-round IBF elimination bout with a spectacular, one-punch TKO 4 (2:01) over Cleotis “Mookie” Pendarvis (17-4-2, 6 KOs).
Jean took a few rounds to study the tricky southpaw Pendarvis before unloading his paralyzing right hand. Pendarvis rose bravely, but a follow-up barrage rightfully brought the stoppage. Jean is now the mandatory challenger for the IBF Super Lightweight Championship.
“Dierry made the most of his USA premium cable debut. He not only won his fight but did so in a way that establishes him as a top contender and will create added anticipation when he does challenge for a world title,” said Cohen. “He laid out a good fighter with that right hand and sent a message to the rest of the division. My promotional partner on Dierry, Camille Estephan, and I know that after his next fight, Dierry will be crowned junior welterweight champion of the world.”
In the night’s nationally televised co-feature, junior middleweight John “Apollo Kidd” Thompson IV (12-0, 4 KOs) dominated formerly undefeated Giovany Rodriguez (8-0, 5 KOs) of Puerto Rico, scoring four knockdowns over eight one-sided rounds.
In an eye-opening performance, Thompson kept his composure and let his advantages in speed and talent dominate Rodriguez. Thompson was moving in for the kill when the final bell rang.
“That was the most controlled performance John has ever given,” continued Cohen. “(Co-trainers) Buddy McGirt and John Thompson III have done a terrific job with John. He’s developing into a very solid prospect at 154 lbs.”
In the chief supporting bout of the undercard, GCP’s unbeaten welterweight Cecil McCalla (16-0-0, 6 KOs) scored a six-round unanimous decision over respected veteran Abel Perry (18-7-0, 9 KOs) and middleweight Antoine Douglas moved his record to 7-0-0, 5 KOs by making quick work (TKO 1 @ 1:36) of fellow Virginian Coy Witt (now 2-4).
“All my fighters did exactly what we hoped they’d do,” said Cohen. “Cecil and Antoine both continued their climbs with solid wins over decent opposition. Both guys made it look easier than people thought they would. It was a great night for GCP and our fighters. I want to thank my partners, Camille Estephan, Vito Mielnicki and GH3 Promotions and Pitbull Promotions and the staff at the Buffalo Run for a terrific event. The future is bright for all of our guys who fought tonight.”
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In