- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
- Martin Lindsay in action on March 25th
- London MBC Sanctioned Event A Huge Success – Further UK Events Planned
- Rudd, Cindy Luna, Raquel Pennington, Sarah Kaufman on LAST CALL
Comanche Boy Leads Youth at Diabetes Summer Camp
Professional boxer, “Comanche Boy” George Tahdooahnippah guided Native American youth participants at a diabetes summer camp sponsored by the Comanche Nation Diabetes Program, where he serves as the Health and Fitness Promotions Coordinator this past July, 2013. Tahdooahnippah helped lead the campers, during the four day event, teaching the youth the importance of healthy eating habits, and good physical activity.
During the week the campers made their own healthy snacks, which on one occasion was a healthy avocado dip. The campers spent countless hours playing physically active games intended on getting the kids moving. The campers began each day with morning exercises such as stretching, push-ups, and sit ups. The campers consisted of children between the ages of 5-18 years old.
“I personally participated and played all the games with the kids along with my colleagues at the Comanche Nation Diabetes Program, Amanda Parker, Casey McCarthy, and Director Marilyn Figueroa,” Tahdooahnippah said. “It’s very important to interact with the kids, and lead by example. I want my career as a boxer to change lives for the better for all people. Starting with the youth is a good place.”
The camp received many positive comments from the children and their parents. The Comanche Nation Diabetes Program highly supports encouraging our Native American youth to learn about the prevention of diabetes.
Tahdooahnippah returns to the ring October 4th, 2013 at the Comanche Nation Casino in Lawton, OK. Details about his bout are soon to follow.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?