- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Contest Spices up Big Fight for Fans
A contest on the Facebook fan page of Hall of Fame boxing broadcaster Al Bernstein will make the September 14 mega fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez even more special for one lucky fan.
Fans can go to www.facebook.com/albernsteinlive and guess the combined number of punches to be thrown by Floyd and Canelo, as tracked by Compubox on the SHOWTIME Pay Per View broadcast. The fan who comes closest will win one commemorative tee-shirt of the fight, a signed copy of Al Bernstein’s book “30 Years, 30 Undeniable Truths About Boxing, Sports and TV” and a unique keepsake from this historic event—Al Bernstein’s press credential from the fight, signed by Al.
Bernstein will be serving as analyst on the September 14 pay per view broadcast as well as a Thursday weigh-in show to air live on SHOWTIME and the CBS Sports Network. “I’ve been privileged to be on the broadcast team for some of the great events in boxing, and this one certainly qualifies as that,” Al said. He added, “2013 has already been a banner year for the sport and this mega fight shines an even bigger spotlight on boxing.”
IN OTHER NEWS:
The Boxing Channel will provide full pre and post fight video coverage of the Mayweather-Alvarez match. This will include fighter arrivals, final press conference, weigh-in and post fight press conference. Marcos Villegas will host the coverage with contributions from Al Bernstein, who is also the channel’s executive producer. To see this coverage and more boxing news and interviews log on to www.boxingchannel.tv .
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity