- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Daniel Jacobs and GBP to raise funds for world-renowned pediatric cancer charity
The title of “Cancer Survivor” is the most important accolade Daniel “Miracle Man” Jacobs will ever earn, and this Friday, Jacobs and Golden Boy Promotions will be assisting others in reaching that milestone as well.
In order to raise funds and awareness for world-renowned pediatric cancer charity, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer, a lemonade stand will be on site at Barclays Center in Brooklyn during the Friday, April 26 public weigh-in of the Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah Unified Super Lightweight World Championship taking place on Saturday, April 27. The stand will be located in the Barclays Center Geico Atrium.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to set up a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex set up that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $60 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding over 275 pediatric cancer research projects nationally. For more information on Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, visit AlexsLemonade.org.
As Jacobs overcame a battle against Osteosarcoma, a form of bone cancer often found in younger patients, it was important to him to support this outstanding charity focusing on children. The 26-year-old middleweight isn’t the only cancer survivor playing a major role in Saturday’s highly anticipated boxing event at Barclays Center. Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia’s father and trainer, Angel Garcia, courageously fought stage four throat cancer during his son’s amateur career. The elder Garcia won his difficult battle with cancer, enabling him to guide his son to professional boxing stardom.
Fans and media members can support this cause by purchasing lemonade and/or making a donation at the lemonade stand on site on Friday. Jacobs and his son Nathaniel, as well as some of the families of Saturday night’s participants are scheduled to be on site pouring lemonade to raise funds for Alex’s Lemonade Stand. In addition to cash purchases, donations can be made via text and check at the lemonade stand. For those unable to attend the weigh-in at Barclays Center, they can support Jacobs’ cause and Alex’s Lemonade Stand through the official fundraising page of Alex’s Lemonade Stand on their website.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader