- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Daniel Ponce De Leon vs. Joksan “El Torito” Hernandez this Saturday, November 16th
On Saturday, November 16, The Grand Oasis in Cancun, Mexico, will be the host for an intriguing all-Mexico doubleheader featuring former two-division World Champion Daniel Ponce De Leon and 18-year-old lightweight phenom Roberto “Tito” Manzanarez.
In the super featherweight main event, scheduled for 10 rounds, Cuahutemoc’s Ponce De Leon begins his road back to a world championship against Ensenada’s Joksan “El Torito” Hernandez. In the co-main event, scheduled for 10 rounds, Los Mochis’ Manzanarez battles Mexico City’s Alejandro “Zorrito” Barrera in a highly anticipated rematch.
Both bouts will be aired live on Televisa and FOX Deportes.
Ponce De Leon vs. Hernandez is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Cancun Boxing de Pepe Gomez and sponsored by Corona, Periodico QueQui, The Grand Oasis Cancun, Quintana Roo Tourism and Cancun Tourism. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. CT and the first fight begins at 6:30 p.m. CT. The FOX Deportes broadcast will air live at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT and the Televisa broadcast will air on Canal 5 beginning at 10:30 p.m. CT.
A beloved Mexican warrior who has represented his nation proudly over the course of his nearly 13-year career, former Olympian Daniel Ponce De Leon (44-5, 35 KO’s) has put together a resume worthy of envy, winning world championships at 122 and 126 pounds while taking on the likes of Abner Mares, Jhonny Gonzalez, Adrian Broner, Orlando Cruz, Gerry Penalosa, and Juan Manuel Lopez. A knockout artist with an exciting style, the 33-year-old southpaw from Cuauhtemoc, Chihuahua Mexico is back in the title hunt, and Hernandez is the first obstacle in his way.
Former WBC Continental Americas super featherweight and IBF Latino featherweight Champion Joksan “El Torito” Hernandez (23-5-1, 15 KO’s) from Ensenada, Baja California Mexico is a hard-hitting competitor who will meet Ponce De Leon in the middle of the ring and go to battle from the opening bell. A pro for a decade, the 27-year-old is unbeaten in his last two bouts, drawing with 18-1-2 Ricardo Alvarez and knocking out Hector Rivera.
One of Mexico’s top rising stars, teenage sensation Roberto “Tito” Manzanarez (24-1, 20 KO’s) from Los Mochis, Sinaloa Mexico has put together a remarkable record since turning pro in 2010 at the age of 15. Winner of three straight since the lone loss of his career to Alejandro Barrera in 2012, Manzanarez gets his shot at redemption on November 16.
A seasoned veteran who has been fighting professionally since 1998, 34-year-old Mexico City’s Alejandro “Zorrito” Barrera (22-15, 15 KO’s) was expected to be a stepping stone for hot prospect Roberto Manzanarez when they met in November of 2012, but Barrera stunned the boxing world with a sixth round technical knockout victory. Now he’ll look to repeat that win in front of the fans at The Grand Oasis Cancun.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity