- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Daniel Jacobs vs. Billy Lyell on Garcia-Judah undercard on February 9th
BROOKLYN, January 24 – On Saturday, February 9, Brooklyn’s own Danny “Miracle Man” Jacobs continues his phenomenal comeback following his successful battle against cancer with a 10-round middleweight bout against rugged Billy Lyell that will be featured live on the SHOWTIME EXTREME telecast at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast) from New York’s newest home for world-class fight action, Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Headlining the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® event at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast) will be the highly anticipated title bout between Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia and hometown hero Zab “Super” Judah while in the co-main event, New York’s Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin defends his WBO Middleweight World Championship against popular contender Fernando Guerrero. Also featured that evening will be Brooklyn boxing mainstay Dmitriy Salita facing Hector Camacho Jr., son of the late “Macho” Hector Camacho.
“We are so thrilled that Danny Jacobs is getting back in the ring for the third time in less than five months,” said Oscar De La Hoya, president of Golden Boy Promotions. “Billy Lyell is going to do what he can to put an end to Danny’s undefeated comeback streak, but the ‘Miracle Man’ will be hard to stop.”
Following a harrowing, but victorious fight against cancer that kept him out of the ring for over a year, Brooklyn’s Jacobs (24-1, 21 KO’s) returned on October 20, 2012 at Barclays Center and scored an emotional first round knockout victory over Josh Luteran. In December, the 25-year-old Jacobs made it two for two in his comeback when he halted tough Chris Fitzpatrick in five rounds and will seek a similar result in his next bout at Barclays Center against Lyell.
A 10-year professional hailing from Warren, Ohio, Billy Lyell (24-11, 5 KO’s) is a gritty competitor who always shows up to fight when the bell rings. Willing to fight the best competition available at the drop of a hat, Lyell has been in the ring with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., James Kirkland, Yory Boy Campas and Vanes Martirosyan. He owns a 2009 victory over John Duddy in which he handed the Irishman his first professional loss. A former world title challenger, look for the 28-year-old Lyell to be in Jacobs’ face from start to finish on February 9.
# # #
Garcia vs. Judah, a 12-round bout for Garcia’s Unified Super Lightweight World Championship, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and supported by Golden Boy Promotions sponsors Corona and AT&T. In the co-featured attraction on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, WBO Middleweight World Champion Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin puts his title on the line against hard-hitting Fernando Guerrero in a 12-round fight. In fights featured on SHOWTIME Extreme, boxing’s most inspirational fighter, Brooklyn’s Danny “Miracle Man” Jacobs faces veteran Billy Lyell in a 10-round middleweight bout and Brooklyn’s Dmitriy Salita faces Hector Camacho Jr. in a 10-round junior middleweight fight. The SHOWTIME Championship Boxing telecast begins live at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) with preliminary fights to air live on SHOWTIME Extreme at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets, priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, are on sale now and are available for purchase at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 800-745-3000.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity