- ESPN: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on April 26 Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola May 10
- Floyd Mayweather Media Day Photos and Quotes
- Video: Floyd Mayweather: "Maidana is a hungry lion"
- Video: Shannon Briggs goes after Wladimir Klitschko in his own press conference
- Photos: Klitschko vs. Leapai Press Conference
- Photos: Klitschko vs. Leapai Media Work Out
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana Odds and Ends…Mayweather is an 11/1 favorite
- Miguel Cartagena takes on Timur Shailezov TONIGHT
- Team USA Wins Three Gold Medals at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Martin Murray’s march to Monte Carlo on tournament triple-header
- Countdown to “The Moment: Mayweather vs. Maidana”
- Extra Froch v Groves 2 tickets on sale on May 1
Dawson vs. Stevenson card announced for June 8 in Montreal
MONTREAL (May 22, 2013) –The interesting battle preceding the much-anticipated showdown on Saturday night, June 8, between the most dangerous super middleweight, Adonis “Superman” Stevenson (20-1-0, 17 KOs), and World Boxing Council (WBC),The Ring Magazine and linear light heavyweight champion, “Bad” Chad Dawson (31-2-0, 17 KOs), features a pair of international stars adding spectacular excitement for boxing fans in attendance as well as those watching on HBO’s “Boxing After Dark,” live from the historic Bell Centre in Montreal.
GAMBOA VS. PEREZ – 50 Cent in Montreal
Former two-time world champion Yuriorkis “El Ciclon” Gamboa (22-0-0, 16 KOs) will be showcased in the June 8th co-feature. The 2004 Olympic gold medalist from Cuba faces another undefeated boxer, Colombian Darley Perez (28-0-0, 19 KOs), as Gamboa makes a foray into the lightweight division. Gamboa is considered one of the world’s top pound-for-pound boxers, as well as one of the most exciting boxers in the world. In addition, Gamboa will be accompanied by his promoter, internationally known rapper 50 Cent.
ALVAREZ VS. GREEN
Fast-rising light heavyweight Eleider “Storm” Alvarez (12-0-0, 8 KOs) is on his way to positioning himself for a world title shot. Already ranked No. 4 by the World Boxing Association (WBA) and No. 7 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO), the North American champion has every intention to impress as he confronts a seasoned veteran in American opponent Allan Green (32-4-0, 22 KOs), who participated in the famous international Super Six tournament. Green, who will be fighting in Quebec for his third time, fought two of the top super middleweights in the world, Andre Ward and Mikkel Kessler, in the Super Six. In his first Quebec fight, Green registered a win by unanimous decision over Sebastien Demers, and followed that in his last Canadian appearance when he knocked-out Renan St-Juste.
LEMIEUX VS. SWIERZBINSKI
Power-punching middleweight David Lemieux (28-2-1, 27 KOs) remains a major attraction in any boxing event. Bright, fast and uncompromising in the ring, he quickly became a Quebec favorite and on this occasion he faces Polish fighter Robert Swierzbinski (11-1-0, 3 KOs). Lemieux will be seeking his 28th career knockout, unmatched by any active Quebec fighter.
BENCE VS. BARRACK
The fight that could steal the Gala Grand Prix show finds two unbeaten heavyweights, Didier “Big Daddy” Bence (8-0-0, 2 KOs) and Eric Barrack (7-0-0, 6 KOs), in a classic confrontation between a brawler (Barrack) and boxing stylist (Bence), insuring a fight that certainly will attract attention.
BOUCHARD VS. COTRONI
Quebecers are fond of fights featuring local favorites like on June 8th when young Sébastien Bouchard (6-0-0, 2KO) is opposed by Mascouche Francesco Cotroni (7-1-0, 4 KOs).
BETERBIEV VS. CRUZ
GYM predicts a great career for former world amateur champion Artur Beterbiev, who will make his professional debut against California invader Christian Cruz (12-14-1, 10 KOs).
PEDRAZA VS. TBA
Finally, another rising star in professional boxing, 2008 Puerto Rico Olympian Jose “Sniper” Pedraza (12-0-0, 8 KOs), will also be fighting against an opponent to be announced shortly.
The gala June 8 boxing event is part of that weekend’s Canada Formula One Grand Prix activities, providing additional entertainment alternatives for visitors to Montreal for the race, highlighted by a tremendous evening of world championship boxing the day before, at centrally-located Montreal Bell Centre area where most visitors will be staying.
The overall atmosphere in the arena will reflect the high-profile fever pitch of the most anticipated week of Montreal sports. Champagne will be on all tables, vintage decorations will serves as reminders of 1960 Detroit-designed cars, and accompanying young ladies will be dressed accordingly. There will also be an exposition of vintage automobiles at the Bell Centre.
Co-promoted by Yvon Michel (GYM) and Gary Shaw Production Group. (GSP), the June 8th event is a co-presentation of Mise-O-Jeux and Videotron.
Tickets, starting at ranging from 50$ in the red section of the Bell Center to 300$ at ringside are available to purchase at Bell Centre, online at www.evenko.ca, by calling GYM at (514) 383.0666 or Club de Boxe Champion (514) 376-0980
- Bernard Hopkins Historic Return to DC
- Adams and Monroe Jr. win and earn spots in Boxcino Middleweight final
- Clayton Defends WBF World Title In Madani Rematch
- Shawn “Showtime” Porter steals the show in DC!
- Page dominates Spearman for UBF All-Americas Title
- Porter Stops Malignaggi; Quillin Beats Konecny
- Bernard Hopkins Outpoints Beibut Shumenov
- Carl Froch and George Groves will come face-to-face again on May 1 on Sky Sports
- Mayweather Is Protecting The Throne
- Alex Leapai-Wladimir Klitschko preview
- Maidana: “I don’t care about titles, all I want to do is beat Mayweather”
- Tyson Fury joins British Eurosport’s studio for Klitschko/Leapai fight
- Keith Thurman vs. Julio Diaz and Undercard Media Workout Quotes
- Floyd Mayweather Media Day Photos and Quotes