- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Deontay Wilder vs. Dereck Chisora on June 15th at Wembley Arena in London
Hall of Fame promoter Frank Warren has assembled an all-star line up for his blockbuster event at Wembley Arena on Saturday 15th June, live and exclusive on The Channel of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Top of the bill sees an explosive Trans-Atlantic heavyweight showdown between Britain’s enigmatic Dereck Chisora and unbeaten American star Deontay Wilder in a ten-round international contest.
Londoner Chisora is relishing the fight and is promising to pull off a huge upset as he targets a second world title shot. Chisora beat Argentine Hector Alfredo Avila last month at Wembley, stopping him in the ninth round – his first fight since his loss to David Haye in July last year – and sees the dynamite punching US heavyweight hope as his route back to the top.
Wilder from Tuscaloosa in Alabama and known as the “Bronze Bomber” has blasted out all 28 of his opponents with a staggering 26 of them coming inside three rounds. The Beijing Bronze medallist ended the career of Britain’s Audley Harrison last month, blitzing the Olympic Champion inside 70 seconds in his UK debut.
Chief support on the card sees an exciting all-British showdown between two unbeaten young champions in Frankie Gavin and Denton Vassell to decide who’s the best at 147lbs.
Birmingham ace Gavin, the British Welterweight Champion, makes the second defence of his title against Vassell who puts his Commonwealth title on the line.
Gavin won the title by outpointing Junior Witter last November and defended against Jason Welborn in January with seventh round stoppage. Unbeaten in 15 fights with 11 KO’s, Gavin – still Britain’s only ever World Amateur Champion – faces the toughest test of his career against his undefeated Manchester rival. Vassell has already claimed the scalp of a hot unbeaten prospect in Ronnie Heffron last November, stopping him in six rounds and will have no fear facing Gavin.
Ellesmere Port’s Paul Butler returns to London, bringing his all-action style to thrill fans’ once again. The exciting new young star of British boxing aims to add a third title in back-to-back fights when he challenges for the Vacant WBO Intercontinental Super-Flyweight title as he storms his way to world title shot. Butler, who holds the British title, won the Commonwealth belt last month at Wembley Arena with a devastating performance against Yaqub Kareem, stopping the champion inside five rounds.
Liverpool warriors Paul Smith and Tony Dodson meet again in a brutal rematch with the British Super-Middleweight title up for grabs. The pair clashed over three years ago in a bloody and brutal battle that saw Smith, then British champion, suffer two cuts above his eye in the opening round from head clashes and take some heavy shots from Dodson, but he battled back with a powerful performance to win on the judges’ scorecards.
Unbeaten London super-middleweight star Frank Buglioni continues his meteoric rise and features in an eight-round contest on the undercard as he targets a first title shot. The hard-hitting 24-year-old made it six KO’s out of eight fights with his third round KO of Darren McKenna last time out at Wembley Arena.
An action-packed undercard features unbeaten light-heavyweight and 2010 Commonwealth Games Champion Calum Johnson from Boston; Southern Area Welterweight Champion Bradley Skeete; Former Southern Area Light-Middleweight Champion Steve O’Meara; Wembley Light-Welterweight Gary Corcoran; Harrow Weald Super-Featherweight Mitchell Smith; Canning Town lightweight Billy Morgan; Chingford’s unbeaten Tom Baker and Bowers Gifford John Dignum clash over four rounds at middleweight; plus Islington super-featherweight Joey Taylor.
Tickets, priced at £40, £50, £70, £100 and £150 are available now from Eventim on 0844 249 1000 or www.eventim.co.uk and Wembley Arena on 0844 815 0815 or www.wembleyarena.co.uk
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes