- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Dhafir Smith vs. Anthony Caputo on April 19th
HESTER, PA (March 6, 2013)—On Friday night April 19th, boxing returns to Harrahs Philadelphia as Joey Eye Boxing and David Feldman presents a night of championship boxing as Dhafir “No Fear” Smith defends the Pennsylvania State Light Heavyweight championship against the popular Anthony Caputo Smith in a bout scheduled for ten rounds.
Dhafir Smith of Philadelphia is considered one of the last “Throwback” fighters as has fought anybody at anyplace at anytime.
Smith of Upper Darby, PA has the most deceiving record of 26-23-7 with four knockouts but that doesn’t even begin to tell the story.
To say Smith has faced top flight competition is an understatement. He has taken on the likes of Dennis Sharpe (13-0-1); Ian Gardner (12-1); Shaun George (8-0-1); Artur Shekhmurzov (10-0-1); Chuck Cavallo (2-0); Max Alexander (2-0); Wayne Johnsen (8-0); Henry Buchannan (11-0); Nick Cook (14-1); Mike Paschall (10-0); Curtis Stevens (14-1); Andre Ward (11-0); Adonis Stevenson (10-0) ; Kingsley Ikeke (23-3); Jerson Ravelo (18-3); Jesus Gonzalez (25-1); Cornelius White (16-1); Marco Antonio Periban (14-0)
He has victories over Henry Mayes (5-0); Brandon Mitchum (25-4-1); Jonathan Reid (34-6); John Johnson (12-1); Former world Super Middleweight champion Jeff Lacy (25-3).
Smith won the Pennsylvania state title with a ten round unanimous decision over Tony Ferrante on May 4th, 2012. In his last bout, Smith dropped a ten round unanimous decision to Umberto Savigne (9-1) on November 30, 2012.
Caputo Smith Kennett Square, PA has a record of 13-1 with ten knockouts is a fan favorite in the Delaware area. He turned pro in 2009 and the twenty-seven year old won his first thirteen bouts before being stopped by Kevin Engel on August 31, 2012.
Seeing action in the six round co-feature will be popular lightweight Victor Vasquez.
Vasquez of Philadelphia has a record of 16-7-1 with seven knockouts and is always in action packed fights.
Vasquez has quality wins over Thomas McCuiston (1-0), Tyric Robinson (9-4-1) and Angel Rios (9-5). The “Blood and Guts” Warrior of Philadelphia has been in many memorable scraps. He is coming off a six round unanimous decision over Esteban Rodriguez on January 26th at Harrahs Philadelphia. This will be his 7th bout at Harrahs Philadelphia.
Vazquez ‘opponent will be announced shortly.
Appearing in six round bout’s against opponents to be named will be Jr. Welterweight Julio Dejesus (7-3-3, 4 KO’s) of Chester, PA; Undefeated Middleweight Thomas “Cornflake”LaManna (10-0, 6 KO’s) of Millville, PA; Super Bantamweight Alex Barbosa (4-1-1, 1 KO) of Philadelphia);
In four round bouts will be Welterweight Anthony Prescott (1-1-1, 1 KO) of Cherry Hill, NJ; Female Jr. Welterweight Althea Saunders (3-0-1) of Atlantic City and Former UFC star Waylon Lowe of Philadelphia who will be making his pro debut.
Opponents and additional bouts will be announced.
Tickets are now on sale for $125 (VIP); $65 (Ringside) and $45 (General Admission) and can be purchased at the Harrahs Philadelphia Gift Shop; By calling Joey Eye (267-304-9399); David
Feldman (610-291-0806); 800-480-8020 or on http://www.webtix.net/
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka