- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
Diaz looking to KO Gethin this Friday
Panamanian assassin, Ammeth Diaz, believes he has what it takes to dispatch of Martin Gethin (24-3-1) inside the distance when the pair meet on Friday evening.
Diaz (31-11) takes on the British Lightweight Champion at Walsall Town Hall in an IBF Final Eliminator showdown with the winner earning the right to fight current IBF Champion, Miguel Vazquez.
Diaz can punch and 22 of his 31 wins have come by way of knock-out. It is this power that has earned him the nickname “Cloroforma” – because of his ability to put his opponent to sleep – and he is convinced the same fate will befall Gethin.
“I’m very confident,” Diaz told www.uko-boxing.com. “I’m coming to England to do my job and I think I’ll knock him out before the end of the twelve rounds.
“I’ve seen plenty of fights of Martin Gethin, on video and on Youtube,. He’s a very strong boxer and I’m looking forward to the test. My trainer has been watching plenty of fights and working out the plan to beat him. We’ve seen plenty of weaknesses that we’ll be working hard on. I won’t give a lot away, but speed will be a big factor in beating Gethin.”
Diaz arrived in the UK earlier this week for what will be his first fight on these shores. He’s no stranger to fighting on foreign soil though. The 29 year-old has boxed in South America, Caribbean, the USA and Australia during his 13-year professional career.
Although he is expecting a hostile reception from the partisan Walsall crowd; Diaz insists he won’t be fazed.
“I’m not worried about the crowd at all,” he added. “I’ve fought in plenty of countries and I have the experience to deal with it.
“I’m really looking forward to boxing in England, it will be a great win for me in a foreign country.”
Gethin and Diaz weigh-in this coming Thursday, 30th May at Walsall Town Hall at 1.00pm. The event is open to the general public.
‘Ready To Silence The World’ also features Walsall Cruiserweight, Chris Keane, who takes on Neil Dawson for the WBO International Cruiserweight Title.
Unbeaten Boston light-heavyweight prospect Callum Johnson takes on veteran John Anthony, former Commonwealth Welterweight title challenger Ronnie Heffron steps in with Kieron Gray whilst debutants Wolverhampton super-featherweight Dezzie Bowater, West Bromwich welterweight Tom Stokes and Swadlincote super middleweight Craig Willshee take on Michael Stupart, Bheko Moyo and John Mason respectively. Welsh super-featherweight, Craig Evans, is also in action.
Completing the bill, undefeated Stafford super-middleweight prospect Grant Cunningham steps in with Kirill Psonko.
Tickets, priced at £40 and £75 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. Doors will open at 6pm and boxing will commence at 6.30pm.
Gethin versus Diaz, which being promoted by Frank Warren in association with NEWOB Promotions, will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money