- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
- New wave of Canadian prospects were showcased last weekend by EOTTM
Diaz vs Vicente on June 14
On Friday night June 14th, once-beaten Featherweight contender, Jorge “King” Diaz returns to the ring and the national stage as he will take place In the ten round co-featured when he takes on Yenifel Vicente at the South Mountain Arena in West Orange, NJ.
The Diaz – Vicente fight will be part of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights and is promoted by GH3 Promotions, Pound for Pound Promotions in association with Greg Cohen Promotions.
Diaz of New Brunswick, New Jersey has a record of 17-1 with ten knockouts and the New Brunswick, New Jersey native sees this as an incredible opportunity to put himself back in prime position in the Featherweight division.
Diaz has prepared very hard and sees Vicente as the perfect opponent to look good against.
“The training has been up to par. I see him as a tough opponent who likes to come forward and doesn’t mind exchanging fire”, said Diaz
“This is a great opportunity to showcase what I have been working on”
Diaz will look to win back some of the critics and fans who may have jumped off the bandwagon after March 26, 2011 thrilling defeat to future world title challenger Teon Kennedy in Atlantic City.
“This is a second title fight to me. This is America, the home of the free and land of the second chance. This is a second chance for me to get to where I have to get to”
Diaz likes his chances against the tough fighter from the Dominican Republic, who boasts a record of 24-1-2 with 16 knockouts.
“1-2-3, The bell goes ding, out comes the guy from across the ring. As I knock him off his feet, the crowd goes crazy for the King”, finished up the poetic Diaz
Tickets are priced at $35, $50, $75, and $100 Ringside (Rows 1-2). VIP Tables for 10 are also available that include dinner. To purchase, please call 888.612.4191.
On fight night, doors open at 6:00 pm and the action starts at 7:30. The Richard J. Codey Arena at South Mountain is located at 560 Northfield Avenue in West Orange, New Jersey.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC
- Erislandy Lara back in action in November
- Hearn likes Brandon Rios for Kell Brook’s next fight on 12/6